Microsoft Conference - Ended

ms.png
Next up to take the stage for day 2 of E3 2015 is Microsoft. What are we expecting to see from them? Rise of the Tomb Raider, Scalebound, Gears of War? Not long until we find out!

If you can't watch the stream, don't worry! We at GBAtemp, like always have got you covered!
Keep an eye on this thread for updates in real-time and check out the news posts for individual announcements and info.
Microsoft Conference: 9am PT June 15 - 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET / 5:30pm BST / June 16 - 2:30am AET

Conference Has Ended

-Games highlight reel

-Bonnie Ross - 343 Industries on stage
-Halo Guardians showcase - looks really nice
halo1.png halo2.png halo3.png halo4.png
-Issue squad commands
-Drop in drop out co-op play
-24 player mp

-Recore - Xbox Exclusive - Keiji Inafune and Armature Studios involved
recore.png recore2.png

-Phil Spencer on stage
-Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Announced - will work natively on Xbox One
-100 titles this holiday
-Retail discs will work too
-Mass Effect demo on Xbox One - Screenshots - Streaming
-Some titles available today
-360 Games you already own are free to play on Xbox One

-Customizable Xbox One Controller announced
elite1.png elite2.png

-Fallout 4 gameplay demo
fall1.png
-Fallout 4 Mods created on PC will work on Xbox One and be free

-Peter Moore EA on stage - Various titles coming to EA access, TitanFall, Dragon Age
-This week all Xbox Gold Members have access to all EA Access games for free for 12 days

-Plants vs. Zombies 2 announced - looks bonkers

-Forza 6 announced - 24 car MP
forza6.png

-Dark Souls III - announced - Early 2016
ds1.png ds2.png ds3.png

-The Division gameplay trailer - Xbox get beta first

-Rainbow 6 Siege talk - gameplay demo

-Gigantic - free 2 play - Xbox and Windows 10 Exclusive
wtf.png

-Indie show reel - ID@Xbox Program

-Tacoma - first on Xbox and PC

-Ashen - Xbox Exclusive

-Beyond Eyes - First on Xbox

-Cuphead - Xbox Exclusive

-Elite Dangerous beta - available today

-Ion - first on Xbox

-Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay demo - looks stunning - Xbox Exclusive holiday 2015

-Rare Replay announced - 30 games $30
rare.png

-Sea of Thieves - Xbox Exclusive - RARE's biggest game ever
rr.png rr2.png

-Fable Legends - free 2 play coming this holiday on Xbox One and PC - Crossplay

-New Microsoft partnership with Ocolus Rift

-Microsoft Hololens working with Minecraft - absolutely amazing demo

-Gears of War Remaster - Beta next week

-Gears of War 4 announced - looks great
gear4.png gear4s.png

-----FIN-----
The Full Conference Will Be Uploaded At The Start Of This Post Once It Is Available

:arrow: Watch Live #1
:arrow: Watch Live #2
:arrow: Watch Live #3

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Backwards Compatibility gives me reason enough to want to upgrade. That's such great news, and needed so badly in a market that's going stale to me with console-version-exclusive games. I bought a game once, why do I need to buy it again? Same mentality goes to "remastered", sure it takes "more development" but just make it that way out of the gate you money-grubbing bastards.
It's a limited backwards compatibility. Don't expect that games with a remastered version avaiable will be backwards compatible.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Somehow their E3 was not "that" amazing, but I like backwards compatible feature and there is no mention of television! +1 Perhaps I give 7.5/10 It was better than last year.

Reactions: obs123194

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll say that so far Bethesda is running number 1 on my list for games and/or hardware released and teased on E3, but Microsoft did make a nice show. I wonder how many of these will come to PC.

Still have EA, Ubi, Sony, etc. to go so I'm hoping some surprises between the devs :P

Reactions: DragorianSword

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did they mention cross-save between fallout 4 between xbox 1 and pc?
No, don't think (that would be fantastic though!) Perhaps even better, PC mods of Fallout 4 playable (and free) on XBO!
Backwards compatibility was a massive highlight for me - 360 being the best console since the PS1 in my opinion, and my catalogue suitably large, can't wait for that!
Cupcake a big highlight from the Indies - Want! (though I've wanted it for a while now)
Forza 6 - 24 car MP - Night & Weather = Muffy drool.... Don't think non racing fans would've got half as excited with it though :lol:
Rise of the Tomb Raider, from a none-TR fan, looked fabulous! Same day launch as Fallout 4 will take the shine off it though!!
RareReplay indeed real, cut price, 30 games from Speccy to 360, and 10000G for the cheevo whores? Impressive. More impressive was that Hololens demo though!
All in all a great show, and they've apparently not finished yet with the announcements at E3! Your move Sony....;)

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
The announcement of backwards compatibility and dig at Sony was very nice. Well played Xbox but all Sony need to do is announce the rumoured update that adds the ability to pay PS1 and PS2 games using original discs and it wont even matter.

...I hope they do that.

Reactions: obs123194

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Phil Spencer on stage
-Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Announced - will work natively on Xbox One
-100 titles this holiday
-Retail discs will work too
-Mass Effect demo on Xbox One - Screenshots - Streaming
-Some titles available today
-360 Games you already own are free to play on Xbox One
it should be like this:

>Phil Spencer on stage
>Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Announced - will work natively on Xbox One
>100 titles this holiday
>Retail discs will work too
>Mass Effect demo on Xbox One - Screenshots - Streaming
>Some titles available today
>360 Games you already own are free to play on Xbox One

sounds like a green text story.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The announcement of backwards compatibility and dig at Sony was very nice. Well played Xbox but all Sony need to do is announce the rumoured update that adds the ability to pay PS1 and PS2 games using original discs and it wont even matter.

...I hope they do that.
As do I, and it'll go some way in apologizing for the laughing stock that PlayStation Now currently is.... but MS will still have the edge unless Sony can do a similar thing with PS3 games (and frankly there's nowt, aside from money, stopping them from doing that). Since I own a PS4 too though, yes indeed this rumour would be fantastic news, hope it's true! B-)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe some of both really. It appears the games are being recompiled to run natively on xbone mixed with some software emulation. Mind bending stuff.

Their being recompiled, that means that they run on X86 instead of PPC.
There's no 360 hardware in the XBone, so hardware BC, nope.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ms did bring the "A" game today, very good show (minus the ea stuff)
the only sponsored stuff was the ford gt40 and that wasnt that bad, I was expecting the ford guy to start trying to advertise other ford cars in forza
as far as the holoens goes, its gimmicky and most likely going to be expensive (i'm guessing $1000) but at least its optional
the ball is in sony's court now, last time they pounced on their conference with their old xb1 usage rules, I really hope they announce bc even if they arnt actually working on it, it will get the ball rolling at least
As do I, and it'll go some way in apologizing for the laughing stock that PlayStation Now currently is.... but MS will still have the edge unless Sony can do a similar thing with PS3 games (and frankly there's nowt, aside from money, stopping them from doing that). Since I own a PS4 too though, yes indeed this rumour would be fantastic news, hope it's true! B-)
wel they could go even further and add ps3 games to the mix, that would expand the total library to probably over 4000 games (assuming its not limited)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It all sounds almost too good to be true - I would expect that emulating the 360 at any capacity would require more oomph than the XBO has to offer, dynamic recompilation or not. Then again, I guess the same could've been said about XB1->XB360 compatibility, and yet it worked fine bar some exotic games. I guess Microsoft really does have some clever devs on-board - I wish the PS4 would have a similar feature, but I don't expect it to happen due to CELL's complexity. Not that I care all that much - I have a PS3 hooked up next to my PS4, so it's a non-issue. New content is always a priority, retro stuff can be obtained relatively easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad