Microsoft CEO Candidate Considering Selling Xbox Brand, Killing Bing

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Why hasn't anyone mentioned "sold to Apple" yet?

. . .

Anyway, with Sony if they hurry fast enough they could merge the XBox and PS4 without alienating TOO many of the day-one adopters *cough* ambassadors *cough* (with the hardware similarities, you'd think the PS4 would be able to handle just about ANYTHING that the XBox1 could ... you'd just probably need to throw in the Kinect and a MAJOR software update and you'd be done.)

They could also cram the Kinect and the PSMove together, include it with every console, and up the price to about $800 :tpi:

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Xbox brand is irreparably damaged, best to sell it off to save face. Sony should buy the brand, Nintendo is a good option or one of the South Korean companies like Samsung or LG, I wouldn't mind an Xbox TV made by LG or Samsung.

Or they can sell it to Casio and kill it off like that Loopy console for girls :evil:.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE, OH GOD PLEASE! Get rid of Xbox so MS can go back to focusing on PC. Windows is fine (but then again i'm not the screaming hordes of stubborn nerds who say 8 is apocalypse and Linux is the future of PC gamming.) but imagine what Mircosoft could do if they invested time and effort into making it an actual gaming platform (on-top of arguably the best business/corporate platform.) Look how far its been, and Mircosoft has actually been trying to move it AWAY from that sort of thing, and push Xbox to take its place. And they can't lock off the platform if they do, most of its success comes from how open and flexible it already is. I could be wrong, but I sure as hell can't see it right now.

PLUS, look at all the great leaps they made with the Xbox R&D! Imagine if everything you could do with a kinect was built into every webcam on every PC because it was part of the OS.

EDIT: I think I came.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE, OH GOD PLEASE! Get rid of Xbox so MS can go back to focusing on PC. Windows is fine (but then again i'm not the screaming hordes of stubborn nerds who say 8 is apocalypse and Linux is the future of PC gamming.) but imagine what Mircosoft could do if they invested time and effort into making it an actual gaming platform (on-top of arguably the best business/corporate platform.) Look how far its been, and Mircosoft has actually been trying to move it AWAY from that sort of thing, and push Xbox to take its place. And they can't lock off the platform if they do, most of its success comes from how open and flexible it already is. I could be wrong, but I sure as hell can't see it right now.

Windows 8 and 9 are far from the end, Windows 10 however will kill MS if the rumors are true and it's a cloud OS, a cloud OS doesn't belong anywhere.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 8 and 9 are far from the end, Windows 10 however will kill MS if the rumors are true and it's a cloud OS, a cloud OS doesn't belong anywhere.

Well yeah, just look at Chromium.

(Not sure if you're serious about the rumor thing though, no idea how an operating system about ten years away has rumors.)

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Xbox brand is irreparably damaged, best to sell it off to save face. Sony should buy the brand, Nintendo is a good option or one of the South Korean companies like Samsung or LG, I wouldn't mind an Xbox TV made by LG or Samsung.

Or they can sell it to Casio and kill it off like that Loopy console for girls :evil:.

The Xbox brand isn't any more damaged than Nintendo or Sony.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Sell the Xbox brand to Nintendo :rofl:

Kind of ironic, since Microsoft did try at one point to buy Nintendo.
One happy day, Balmer decided to buy Nintendo, so he just strolled inside NoA's building, who told him to go to Japan and do the negotiations there, which they did for a certain period of time. Well, those are the facts. However... Rumor has it that, Yamauchi told / said / did something highly unusual and awesome at the same time that made Balmer and his crew go out of Nintendo's Japanese HQ with a puzzled expression, never to come back again.
Oh, and when they bought Rare, one of Microsoft managers saw a Donkey Kong poster in the building and thought they own the IP for it. :rofl2:

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

PLUS, look at all the great leaps they made with the Xbox R&D! Imagine if everything you could do with a kinect was built into every webcam on every PC because it was part of the OS.

EDIT: I think I came.
They could easily kill Steam. But no they decide to support Xbox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol