BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Major Blow To Sony’s Upcoming PlayStation 5, Microsoft Announces PlayStation 6
PS6.PNG

The PlayStation 6 will also seriously upend Sony’s former dominance in the software department, giving Microsoft access to the huge array of popular PlayStation-exclusive titles such as Uncharted and God Of War. If that wasn’t a big enough slap in the face to Sony, it was revealed during the announcement that the PlayStation 6 will be backwards compatible with all PlayStation games, including the PlayStation 5. Ouch. After the struggles of the Xbox One, Microsoft needed to swing for the fences, and it looks like they just hit it out of the park.

It remains to be seen how Sony responds to getting leapfrogged by Microsoft like this. Some Sony fanboys are already insisting the PlayStation 5 will be better than the PlayStation 6, but it’s going to be a hard sell when the 5 is inferior in every technological sense and has no exclusive games. Sony’s best hope to stay relevant may be appealing to completionist gamers who will want to own both a PlayStation 5 and a PlayStation 6, but no matter what happens, it seems like they will be fighting for second place. By losing out on the next generation of PlayStations to Microsoft, Sony’s place at the top of the console market may have just come to an end.

Man I really do not know how to feel about this. On one hand I am kinda a Sony fanboy. I really thought I was just going to buy the PS5 and be happy about it. But just when I thought that Microsoft had lost its competitive edge, they pull a genius stunt like this one. Now if I buy a PS5 I will be a generation behind from the word "Go!" I thought that Sony and MicroSoft working together on that cloud gaming service would be good for the industry. I never expected things to turn out like this.

On the other hand, It might be cool to see some exclusive games finally on a MicroSoft product. God of War, Horizon, Uncharted... This joke has gotten away from me.

I know a lot of you are with in your own world with the Switch, and I don't blame you. How do you guys feel about it? Do you think this new PS6 stands a chance against the Google Stadia?

:arrow: Source

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fake because we all know Microsoft number their consoles in a weird manner like the second Xbox being Xbox 360 and the third Xbox being rather strangely named Xbox One. So if this was true by default it would have to be named PlayStation Zero.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Fake because we all know Microsoft number their consoles in a weird manner like the second Xbox being Xbox 360 and the third Xbox being rather strangely named Xbox One. So if this was true by default it would have to be named PlayStation Zero.

its simple really

Xbox -1
Xbox 0
Xbox 1

what doesn't make sense about that?

Last edited by Flame,

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox 1
Xbox 360
Xbox One

So naturally, the next Xbox will be called:
Xbox Three-Sixty
More like the Xbox Get In The Van

Last edited by GhostLatte,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.