Microsoft and Bethesda will host a combined press conference at this year's E3

xb.png

E3 2021 will mark the first time that Microsoft and Bethesda have appeared on-stage at the event since the former's acquisition of ZeniMax in 2020. Now that both studios are united, their press conferences will be as well, with Microsoft set to host a joint Microsoft-Bethesda showcase next month during E3. The news was confirmed by a French interview with Matt Booty, the head of Xbox Game Studios. Beyond that, further details about the aforementioned E3 conference aren't known, with rumors claiming that Bethesda's Starfield may make an appearance, and might also be an Xbox console exclusive. Xbox-related speculation involves the company making new buyout announcements, with the studio reportedly eyeing both Sega and Square Enix the past few months.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Konami: what about me you dirty old companizer.
Konami hasn't been relative for years, ever since they killed off Silent Hills and the Silent Hill franchise, a long with firing Kojima. They just made stupid moves all around.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I can’t wait for them announce Skyrim on a toaster
If anything, we'll get the Difinitive Edition Director's Cut with new Funky Mode & Knuckles, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Mcm98

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so tired of Bethesda at this point. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm honestly not even excited for TES 6 anymore... what a letdown this studio has become.

More excited for botw 2 tbh.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I expected Bethesda to take part in Microsoft's press conference... but a joint press conference?
Unexpected.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so tired of Bethesda at this point. I never thought I'd say it, but I'm honestly not even excited for TES 6 anymore... what a letdown this studio has become.

More excited for botw 2 tbh.
watch them say nothing on botw2 (like last E3) or pokemon bowser: oh but we may announce an OOT port for the 4th time speaking of pokemon aren't they doing a direct on like the 5th?

Reactions: 64bitmodels

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One bad game, now you hate them. BOTW 2 will be fantastic though.
It's not just one bad game. It's the support and decisions made with it and since. It's been a long time coming. The entire company is rotting. They are going to have an uphill battle to win back customer trust after having sold it for 500 atoms. The only thing that will give many people even a chance at looking at their games is that they're now owned by Microsoft, who while has made controversial decisions in the past, hasn't cashed out on trust in the same way. They've at least always put out functional games.

Maybe with a collar around Todd's neck, they'll develop something finished this time.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
POV when everyone hates Bethesda and yet some are complaining about their games probably being Microsoft-exclusive. Even funnier is that some people are still Sony fan boys even though Sony have taken down their Japanese studios, censored games, are stingy about cross play and have commited themselves to making blockbusters that mostly appeal to western normies.

Regarding their games though, I probably won't get Starfield, since all signs point to it using another iteration of their shit engine. TES6 will probably do the same, but me being a sucker for TES will probably prompt me to buy it. Oh well, at least there will be mods.

Last edited by Delerious,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bethesda would need atleast 2-3 years to show us anything TES6, provided MS pushes them to make the game, whatever they had in mind have to be made compatible and taking advantage of this next-gen consoles/technology..etc

Last edited by CoolMe,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Starfield reportedly late 2022 ...that makes TES6 release more like-Christ almighty I'll have probably died of old age! Am looking forward to seeing Starfield, we know nothing about it yet: is it going head on against Mass Effect, is it space flight?
Anyways, a 'combined' conference?! Does MS otherwise have so little content to show?! Where's the focus on Fable or Forza Horizon 5? Either of those has me more interested than pretty much anything Bethesda can muster to be honest.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's Microsoft, I don't expect anything stellar and even with my low expectations, I will probably end up massively disapointed. Except Forza Horizon, they have nothing of value and that's including Bethesda.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: