Microsoft adjusts Xbox One DRM policies, online check-ins and used game complications are history

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
v27rk3f.jpg

Microsoft must've read this book. Still not gonna buy that console, I'll stick with WiiU and PS4, at least the exclusives are interesting.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would love to know how much Microsoft have now lost in terms of research and development regarding the DRM. They're back in the gaem but I'm still leaning towards PS4 and the WiiU to a lesser extent cause they didn't try to fuck over consumers like the Xbone. There's still a lot of flaws to bash the Xbone with but the really big one is gone.

Reactions: chavosaur

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Here, a list of Xbox One problems. The crossed off ones have been fixed.

- Restrictive used game policy
- Restrictive DRM
- $100 more than a stronger game console
- System always on
- Kinect required at all times (Privacy concerns)
- Always online
- Once per day online check in
- 21 country launch
- Most functions having a limited, primarily North American, and even more specifically US appeal
- Childlike behavior on part of Microsoft when promoting their system
- Late launch in many countries (lack of region lock does not fix this)

There are probably more as well. Microsoft only hit about half of their problems, and I don't think too many of these fixes will change the wide held opinions on the system.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't feel its too late for them as long as the console has yet to be released. This was a giant step in the right direction, now they just have to deliver on this as well as their launch games and a steady flow of games for it through next E3 and they could possibly make a Sony upset.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on who grabs the most attention as we move closer to the holidays. Right now PS4 has the upper hand but it will be interesting to see what Microsoft pulls out.
Also, still buying a PS4>>>>Xbox One.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1