Microsoft adds yet another perk to Game Pass Ultimate: a 30-day trial to Disney+

It may not be the biggest reason to grab Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but Microsoft has added yet another perk for those who subscribe to the service. Starting today, anyone who is signed up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will be able to redeem a free 30-day trial to the Disney+ streaming service. Usually retailing for $6.99, Disney+ currently doesn't offer free trials in any form, so this deal stands out. As with most trials, you can cancel anytime prior to the renewal if you don't want to keep the subscription. If that's not enough for you, don't forget that EA Play games are also coming to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for no extra charge, tomorrow, November 10th.

:arrow: Source

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
a free 30-day trial to the Disney+ streaming service. Usually retailing for $6.99, Disney+ currently doesn't offer free trials in any form, so this deal stands out.​
I'm not sure if this counts, but with Verizon (possibly with only certain plans) you can get 1 year of it for free, or at least you could when I got it.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this counts, but with Verizon (possibly with only certain plans) you can get 1 year of it for free, or at least you could when I got it.
This was the case when I subscribed to Disney+ at launch. The free year was nice, and frankly $7 for the content offered is a massive bargain.

Reactions: banjo2

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disney+ is not worth it, even other streaming services aren’t really not worth it if you think about it. The more services you have, the more you’re paying to watch tv. Right now I just stick with amazon because I know I barely use their streaming services but I get free shipping with them. I basically just use amazon mostly for things I can get free shipping for things under $25. Streaming isn’t that important to me.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wonder if Disney+ is struggling a bit. One can only hope.
Yeah, no it's probably doing great. It's like the service parents would want to have for their kids and some themselves either for nostalgia, Star Wars or Super Heroes. I'd be more curious how it affects other services.

As for the topic I'm not sure how big of a perk a 30-day trial is but whatever.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I ended up getting Disney+ for a month to watch some stuff on it--mostly just nostalgic 90's cartoons and movies--and...it wasn't worth it. I think it really depends on what you like, but for me it was a quick "let's spend two nights watching fun Disney stuff.......and now I'll never use this again. Nice"

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Feels like it, they gave it away with so many things. T-Mobile gave it away, Apple gave it away, Verizon gave it away. They were all yearly trials, if I recall. They gave it to me free at some point, I watched it for a few hours, and never touched it again.

https://www.androidauthority.com/disney-plus-for-free-1052688/
pls watch disney plus.
I don't want to leave the impression that I'm some sort of rep for Disney+, but they might be giving it away just to make it spread quicker and become mainstream. I mean they do very much have the money to be giving it away "free" to a lot of people just to have them get hooked later. I mean any subscription service will need to develop a significant userbase first. Not sure how long it's existed over in the states though.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the newer Verizon plans you can get Disney+ , Hulu, Apple Music , and ESPN for free but the price of service is extremely expensive (I'm on Verizon) after March I may go to Tmobile. It's really odd to have Disney+ on Gamepass

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is becoming a monster of a service. Hard to justify not getting it for someone who calls oneself a "gamer".

I'd get this for the console version, no doubt, but time ain't something that the service includes, damn it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is their great hope as all the old people die off and stop paying for cable/watching TV (truly and seriously that is probably the biggest problem facing them at present -- films, games, merch, theme parks... even combined represent a fraction of their main income https://www.statista.com/statistics/193150/operating-income-of-the-walt-disney-company-by-segment/ ) then I guess they do have to push it any way they can.

Personally I can't see the value proposition over even youtube red (which you are more certainly going to catch me paying for either). Handful of old disney films, their modern dross and the most boring collection of superhero films going... yay.

Wonder if people will do the once a year thing maybe grab it for a month.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to leave the impression that I'm some sort of rep for Disney+, but they might be giving it away just to make it spread quicker and become mainstream. I mean they do very much have the money to be giving it away "free" to a lot of people just to have them get hooked later. I mean any subscription service will need to develop a significant userbase first. Not sure how long it's existed over in the states though.
Nah, they just wanna pad their numbers for their share holders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou