Gaming microSDHC to Memory Stick Pro Duo Adapter

sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone used anything like this with their PSP? Does it works good?
I intend to buy a PSP for emulation but at the moment I can't afford a large Memory Stick too so I thought I'd buy an adapter instead and use a microSD I have however I'm worried it may be too slow for emulation as it is only class 2.
What do you think?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yanazake said:
Slow? Please tell me more about this slowdown. o__o

not slowdown

just slower to load stuff onto the card initially

it's more than fast enough to play anything on the PSP

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the menus, the video, and music options are a little slow unless you use the irshell hack to disable magicgate, other than that its plenty fast for games.

It does help if you get good quality sd cards too, because that has a bigger impact on the speed then then the photofast does.

Personally I am using a photofast with 2 8gb, and do not notice a speed difference between it and the offical 2gb sony ms I have.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
don't mean to hijack you thread but i also need some info on these adapters...

so i have a 2gb official sony memstick pro duo and a 16gb fake from DX, the 2gb runs everything fine and can be used as a magic memstick, the fake has _A LOT_ of probs such as
-file corruption when deleting games from the xmb
-incompatibility with a few games such as Gran Turismo, ff7 (when exiting elevator 2 mins into the game), ff8, gta:ctw, etc... (games will either just blackscreen or will blackscreen then shut the psp off shortly afterward)
-can't be used as an magic memstick - doesn't have magic gate

i just ordered one of these -> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.28826

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a CR-5400 with 2 Transcend class 6 8G microSDHCs. In the speed tests I did I got transfer rates on par with my Sandisk Ultra II 4G MSPD. I have had no problems with slowdowns whatsoever. The only content that can't be used is DRMed material (mostly just *legit* PSN games now) since it doesn't support MagicGate.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i first had a photofast and had always troubles with it corruption lost 3 times my resistance savefile because i was so stupid i didn't backup. now i have a fake 8 gb stick from dx. no problems yet but i don't have it that long.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shito said:
does the dual slot adapter count the two micro sd as one? and speaking of DX, is this a good deal?
yes, it formats it so they look like 1 volume. that memory stick is undoubtably fake, and i havent tried that one so i cant recommend it.

i have 2 of the 4gb model of this, and they work fine. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15683

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got the Dual Pro Duo adapter, I put 2 16gb microsds in there for a total of 32gb, works really well and I havent had a single problem with it. It's a massive amount of storage and it's way better then having heaps of smaller cards.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
most tf to ms adapters do their works . no problem with speed or other.
only magic gate not avaible, however even on fake ms memory magic gate are not avaible.

pay attention that most 16gb memory stick pro duo are fake memory size. not really 16gb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: