MicroSDHC Cards

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by redoxlp, Mar 5, 2008.

Mar 5, 2008

MicroSDHC Cards by redoxlp at 4:18 PM (1,006 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. redoxlp
    OP

Newcomer redoxlp Member

United States
    I am soon getting an EDGE card with SDHC compatibility and I want to know what card speed would be the best to work on it.

I've seen all sorts of speeds on those card such as Class-2, Class-4, A-data, and more but what should I use and won't be faulty?

Thank you.

2. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    I've got the Sandisk 8GB for my DSTT, working great, even CV is working fine (tho, that have freezed 1 time for me, but only minor problem) , the card is formatted to 64KB clusters, FAT32.
    Class 4 Card.
    Transfer time is great, access time OK. there is faster cards, but this works for me.

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    If you want a really fast card, then go with A-Data 4 gig class 6. Class 6 is the fastest, and A-Data's the only company that has it. Sandisk ones are slow, but they're built strong, or so I've heard.

If you need lots of space, Sandisk 4-8 gigs. If you want speed, then A-data 4 gig.

4. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    A-Data is not alone. Transcend makes one and so does Patriot.

5. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I've got the Sandisk 8GB MicroSD card as well, although I use a CycloDS as my main card.

I've had no freezing issues until about halfway through the game, and then when I got closer to the end, it would freeze up every time in the same painting. [​IMG]

However the card is still great; I can store everything I want and then some on it. And really, Class 4 is not bad at all, because it's not like the DS can read the data as fast as it can; it only reads what it needs, when it needs it, and class 4 cards should have no issue sending that data at the speed the DS can read it... If that made any sense [​IMG]

6. sk3tch

Member sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The only thing I would say is be careful about getting a card larger than 4GB with the CycloDS. It is more prone to fragmentation. Team Cyclops is working on it, though...and hopefully firmware 1.4 will address it:

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5675

I haven't had any issues with my 4GB and my CycloDS.

7. techforumz

Member techforumz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Cool! So the cheapest [4GB] card is also the fastest! Anything I should know about A-data because I've never really heard of them.