MicroSD won't stay in the Acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Morpha, Mar 5, 2010.

Mar 5, 2010
  1. Morpha
    OP

Newcomer Morpha Member

United States
    The MicroSD won't stay in the Acekard, it's like the thing that holds it in is broken. If I open up the Acekard can I fix this myself? How do I get a warrenty replacement?

Thanks.

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If it's new it's possible the PCB is mounted to high, so you can't push the MSD down far enough to lock it. I have one like it and have one MSD I can just about get in there, and another I can't although is fine withthe other carts. On this cart you can see the corners of the MSD holder really protruding out of the slot opening.

If you've had it for a while, the spring locking mechanism is broke. If you can open the cart up, you could remove the spring and then just slide the card in and out springless style.

3. Morpha
    OP

Newcomer Morpha Member

United States
    I've had it for 2 days, it worked at first, when I updated it to work on the DSi. The second time I went to put the card in it did not work, it won't lock in place. [​IMG]

How do I open the card? Will that void the warranty?

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Try a different MSD, if that doesn't work send it back to the retailer.

It will take effort to open the cart, it's glued.

5. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Just send it back to the company you purchased it from.

I did and they sent the new one within 2 days of me sending it back!

6. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    It would probably cost almost as much in postage as for a new one (depending on the dealer). It may be a crappy workaround but you could try putting a small piece of tape on the top of the microSD to keep it in the slot.

7. hammer35

Newcomer hammer35 Advanced Member

United States
    The same thing happened to me and I had to tape it down with scotch tape, which helped but the tension of the spring was so much that it would eventually force the tape open in a couple of days, so my solution was that I immediately put in a order for a brand new Acekard2i and put the broken one for sale online and sold it for 7X's more then I paid for it which in turn paid for both of them and then some [​IMG]

P.S. also when you get a new Acekard2i put the MicroSD card in once to click the spring into the down locked position and then from then on do not press down on the Micro to release the spring only pull the Micro card out with your nail and slide it right back in leaving the spring in the down locked position for good so that it never breaks.