Hacking MicroSD won't fit into my CycloDS

Atmosphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today i received my CycloDS from Dealwoot.com when i opened it up and tried to insert my SD card would not even go in all the way in. As if the SD slot is shallow. is this a known issue with CycloDS or dealwoot?. getting the SD card out after putting it into the Cyclo is a pain its stuck in there tight and i have to pull it out hard to get my microSD back. and Yes i am putting it in the right way.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it work though? Many flash cards have the problem where the MicroSD sticks out even after being pushed fully in. This could be caused by either a defect in the microSD or the flash card. Unfortunately you'll just have to ignore it, or grind off a few millimeters off the top of the microSD.

Atmosphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get it to fit in Flush but that requires me pushing down on it harder then i like. But getting it out i almost have to get my teeth to get a grip good enough to yank it out. Does the slot need to be broken in or should i go for an RMA. its stuck in there really tight when its in there fully.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, that's normal with brand new micro cards and flashcarts. After a few times, it'll go in smoothly. I've got my CycloDS for 11 months now, I can remember when I had to yank it out. Now it goes in easily.

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think I had a different mind set when reading this thread....

You still haven't mentioned if it works or not
unsure.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well some cyclos are prob the older batch and the micro sd is supposed to stick out for easier way to get it out.
mine sticks out about 1mm or so but it still works

Atmosphere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Priss said:
I think I had a different mind set when reading this thread....

You still haven't mentioned if it works or not
unsure.gif

LOL i see what you mean looking back
shy.gif

The Cyclo works fine after awhile think it must of loosen it up a bit. Before it was extremely hard to get the MicroSD back out of the Cyclo once it was in there all the way now its still a bit of a pain but not as much. Though I'm sure over time it will get easier. Thanks everyone for there comments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction