MicroSD to PC I get "Parameter is incorrect"

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jibaro, Feb 20, 2007.

Feb 20, 2007
  1. jibaro
    OP

Newcomer jibaro Member

Puerto Rico
    When I try to backup my saves (and everything else) from MicroSD to my PC I get an error message saying "Parameter is incorrect" and it wont transfer the stuff from my MicroSD back to my PC. What gives?

If I was able to transfer roms from my PC to my MicroSD to play on R4DS then why can't I do the same back?

Help please. [​IMG]

2. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I had the same problem with a jump drive just before it died a horrid death so be careful. Try moving one file at a time instead of a whole folder and see how that goes.

*edit* I think it has something to do with transfering from FAT/FAT 32 to NTFS file system, not sure though.

3. ThadSharpe

Newcomer ThadSharpe Member

Canada
    I have had the same problem, but I have not been able to reproduce it reliably. I have been using the card reader that came with the R4, so that could be causing it.

4. jibaro
    OP

Newcomer jibaro Member

Puerto Rico
    I haven't been able to fix this problem yet. Please someone!!!!

5. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I use to have that problem when transferring files from my PC to my iPod. I always thought that it was the iPod as the HDD might have stopped spinning as the HDD in the iPod isn't supposed to spin continuously.

6. jibaro
    OP

Newcomer jibaro Member

Puerto Rico
    Everyone seems to have that problem one time or another.... But I'm looking for a solution. Cmon!!!