microsd storage accessory?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by reaperman@home, Sep 16, 2007.

Sep 16, 2007
  1. reaperman@home
    OP

Member reaperman@home GBAtemp Regular

What I'm looking for is a very compact microSD storage solution, something that takes multiple cards.

What I'd *really* like is something with a very slim form factor that stored the cards in a row so I could tape it to the bottom of my NDS, but I'll take what I can get. I have kind of a decent idea how to get such an item to work, if there aren't any around, but I'd rather not try to construct something. Heck, the storage could even go inside next to the screen. There'd be a *LOT* of storage space then.

Do such accessories exist? What do you all use to store extra cards?
    I hardly thing it's worth it to buy a slot2 just for the card storage.

and for that matter, why do the slot2's only have one microsd slot?

2. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Right now I have an R4, and two micro SD's, each 1gb. For now, I just have the case that the microSD came in hanging by a cord on my DS. It's kinda handy, since the R4 has a top loader. Just swap them when you want to access the stuff on that certain card. But I am gonna get an M3 Lite Perfect (thanks to suggestions by people on GBATemp) soon, but that is what I am doing right now.

3. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
  4. rsx19

Member rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    uh just get a 2 gig?

i had a 2gig sandisk made in taiwan and it played all my roms even POR without patching oO

but i use a 2 gig kingston made in japan

if ur using more than 2 gig iunno what ur using it for

5. reaperman@home
    OP

Member reaperman@home GBAtemp Regular

It's great that 2gb is enough for you.
    On the flip side I have trouble getting enough of my GBA collection into 2gb much less my nds games, emulators, movies, music etc.

Right now I'm thinking of a very thin sheet of plastic--maybe the type used for upscale folders, folded over on itself with a little overhang on the open end to catch the microsd. I'm still thinking of putting it next to the screen, and above the speaker on the left. Should be enough room for 4 cards if I squeeze.

what would be nice is a slot 2 accessory with a lot of microsd slots... Or a case replacement/slot 2 card that had microsd slots all over.