Hacking microSD speed/brand unimportant?

badger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like ANY brand and speed of microSD card is fine for the SC lite, because of the improvements made to the supercard - is this correct? Specifically, I don't need to worry about the make and speed of the microSD card the way I did when I bought the miniSD - they all work fine and pass the castlevania test?

Also anyone in the US got experience with the cheapo delivery option from psxbox.net? They say 5-30 days - anyone now which end of that range it tends to be? Maybe I should just wait for realhotstuff to get them back in stock...

Cheers!

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
That's a damn good question.

I wish someone WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT would come forward and answer it.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't expect 5 days, its probably coming from china by airmail, and I think airmail always takes a long time because they have to wait for the next scheduled flight...of course I really dont know what I'm talking about but that would explain 5-30 days: having to wait for the next scheduled flight.

Also I think what the deal is with microSD is that they are as a whole faster than miniSD, but with miniSD there are many variable speeds on the card that the miniSD flash cards can take advantage of. So with miniSD, you can get 90x if your card is a 90x card, but only 50x if your card is a 50x card. MicroSD on the other hand, although its probably true when they advertise it as being faster than miniSD, theres a limit to what the microSD cards like supercard lite and ezf4lite and m3 lite can support...therefore theres some limit to the ##x (like 60x) that the supercard etc can support. does that make sense? Of course I'm only repeating what I've heard from other posts, but thats what I think the deal is. Find out what the max speed is (i seem to remember 55x or 60x) and get a microSD thats that speed or lower, and you wont be really wasting your money.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SuperCard Lite runs best with a microSD that is 60X or higher. This is not to say it doesn't run good with a regular one but the high speed one just gives you better performance overall. I am doing some speed tests and comparisons between the SanDisk 1GB Ultra II and the SanDisk 1GB microSD's with the SuperCard Lite and will post my results this coming week.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

5kuzgib

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The SuperCard Lite runs best with a microSD that is 60X or higher. This is not to say it doesn't run good with a regular one but the high speed one just gives you better performance overall. I am doing some speed tests and comparisons between the SanDisk 1GB Ultra II and the SanDisk 1GB microSD's with the SuperCard Lite and will post my results this coming week.

FifthE1ementÂ
yaynds.gif

Nice one
yaynds.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The Kingmax brand is metioned to very fast at the moment for microSD. A forum moderator at SCDEV sings it's praises and claims it run Tony Hawks better than his G6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu