Microsd slides around

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by da_head, Jul 5, 2008.

1. da_head
    OP

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    As u guys may have heard, a few weeks ago, my r4 spring broke. so i was forced to rip it out. all was good, and everything was working fine. however, now recently, when i shake the ds slightly, the microsd card would slide a bit, and would cause the ds to freeze. when i turn the ds back on, it wouldn't work until i remove the sd card and put it back in. any suggestions on how i can secure it in there? like a piece of metal or something :S

please keep in mind i remove my sd card frequently to put in anime and such so taping it down or something is not a good solution.

2. krazykirk

krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    I was going to suggest some sort of tape but if you're frequently taking it out then that might not be a good idea, but the thing is, if you want it to stay and keep the ability to take the card out, tape might be the best option. Maybe a small piece of duct tape, big enough to secure it but small enough to easily remove.

Otherwise, you could take this as a reason to upgrade to a better card. [​IMG]

3. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Unless I misunderstand the spring removal process, there should be a little metal thingy that you should have bent down to secure the card in place with friction.

4. budrow66

budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    T.N.
    Ouch that stinks. I would try to open it back up again and bend the two metal tabs on the front bottom of the microsd slot in that may help.
    Next time I would put a small spot of super glue on the spring insted of ripping it out. It works and your card dont slide too far in or wiggle in the slot.

5. da_head
    OP

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    o bend down? hm i'll try that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice