Microsd slides around

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by da_head, Jul 5, 2008.

Jul 5, 2008

Microsd slides around by da_head at 12:25 AM (983 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    As u guys may have heard, a few weeks ago, my r4 spring broke. so i was forced to rip it out. all was good, and everything was working fine. however, now recently, when i shake the ds slightly, the microsd card would slide a bit, and would cause the ds to freeze. when i turn the ds back on, it wouldn't work until i remove the sd card and put it back in. any suggestions on how i can secure it in there? like a piece of metal or something :S

please keep in mind i remove my sd card frequently to put in anime and such so taping it down or something is not a good solution.

2. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I was going to suggest some sort of tape but if you're frequently taking it out then that might not be a good idea, but the thing is, if you want it to stay and keep the ability to take the card out, tape might be the best option. Maybe a small piece of duct tape, big enough to secure it but small enough to easily remove.

Otherwise, you could take this as a reason to upgrade to a better card. [​IMG]

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Unless I misunderstand the spring removal process, there should be a little metal thingy that you should have bent down to secure the card in place with friction.

4. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ouch that stinks. I would try to open it back up again and bend the two metal tabs on the front bottom of the microsd slot in that may help.
    Next time I would put a small spot of super glue on the spring insted of ripping it out. It works and your card dont slide too far in or wiggle in the slot.

5. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    o bend down? hm i'll try that.