Hacking microSD management on homecreen and working on old3DS's too

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just thought i would share something i think a lot of you will find useful, new 3DS and old 3DS users alike, its the microSD management app running as a standalone app on the home screen, this allows you have access to the microSD on the n3DS without opening the back cover or being kicked out of emunand, and for old 3DS users it will allow you to transfer files over reliably without having to exit emunand and remove the SD card .....as per usual no sharing on gbatemp, but i have told someone else how to do it too so they will probably share it elsewhere "soon"....but i heard people like to know whats coming before its even arrived so here you go :)
m_SD.jpg

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh nice, so you can manage the contents of your microSD without exciting emunand mode.
Handy! Definitely something I'll try when my Gateway arrives.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well i asked the person to test out the region free patch too as i only have EU consoles, and mine was based on the EU version of the app, but i dont see why it wouldnt work....at worst it would probably just need to build a EU/US versions....but im pretty sure the region free will work fine with it
This looks interesting. Why isn't it allowed to be shared?
nintendo's code, not allowed on gbatemp....plus i dont want to be distributing it....but a friend also knows how to re-create it (it pretty simple tbh as long as your familiar with rebuilding roms etc)....but no doubt he will probably share it in the usual places

Reactions: tony_2018

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
a few noticable "bugs" (nothing major) is when you choose close, it will say it will shut down, but when it exits you will just get a "an error has occurred" message, but the system doesnt shut down, just click ok and carry on as normal, and after you have used the app if you open up system settings it will cause the system to freeze so you have to reboot, but for copying cia files save etc its pretty handy

hmmmmm...actually this is a bit embarrassing, i didn't do enough testing, i just tried out using the web browser after using the microSD manager, but it seems after exiting it prevents you using any other apps, applets work fine like web browser though :S....hmmm needs more testing :P

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few noticable "bugs" (nothing major) is when you choose close, it will say it will shut down, but when it exits you will just get a "an error has occurred" message, but the system doesnt shut down, just click ok and carry on as normal, and after you have used the app if you open up system settings it will cause the system to freeze so you have to reboot, but for copying cia files save etc its pretty handy

hmmmmm...actually this is a bit embarrassing, i didn't do enough testing, i just tried out using the web browser after using the microSD manager, but it seems after exiting it prevents you using any other apps, applets work fine like web browser though :S....hmmm needs more testing :P

never used this app on N3ds so does it have an option to delete files from the Sd too?

someone said it might be risky to delete cia files from BBM

also whast do you mean about this close bug? the program wont close? what do you do open another program fromt he home screen and then choose close suspended software to finally close it?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
never used this app on N3ds so does it have an option to delete files from the Sd too?

someone said it might be risky to delete cia files from BBM

also whast do you mean about this close bug? the program wont close? what do you do open another program fromt he home screen and then choose close suspended software to finally close it?
nope i had only really given it a quickish test,opened up browser (stupidly didn't think to try starting actual game or whatever :P).....but its not only system settings it freezes on, basically after using it the only things that are launch-able is applets, any other applications seem to hang on loading....so i guess i was too quick to say it was "good".....its still sort of handy like a more stable ftpony for old3DS users, but requires a reboot after using it........i will have to do more testing i think

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope i had only really given it a quickish test,opened up browser (stupidly didn't think to try starting actual game or whatever :P).....but its not only system settings it freezes on, basically after using it the only things that are launch-able is applets, any other applications seem to hang on loading....so i guess i was too quick to say it was "good".....its still sort of handy like a more stable ftpony for old3DS users, but requires a reboot after using it........i will have to do more testing i think

i forget but dont we have to reboot after installing cias anyway?
i cant remember now last one i installed was MM, and i can't remember if they just show up on home menu or if they dont show till you reboot
i always usually reboot anyways cause im always taking the sd out to delete the cia on my PC after anyways since someone said it might not be safe to delete the cias from BBM not sure if its true but i just rather be safe and delete with the PC

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i cant remember now last one i installed was MM, and i can't remember if they just show up on home menu or if they dont show till you reboot
i always usually reboot anyways cause im always taking the sd out to delete the cia on my PC after anyways since someone said it might not be safe to delete the cias from BBM not sure if its true but i just rather be safe and delete with the PC
well the MicroSD manager app shows the SD card up as a "network drive" on windows computers and works via the wifi, you can copy/delete etc using it

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I delete all my cia's with BigBlueMenu and I havent had a problem...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning