MicroSD management is no longer working on my windows

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by xdarkmario, Apr 13, 2015.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    well before i had s nice setup for my N3ds to wirelessly send files to and fro the microsd in my N3ds but isk what happened now windows says
    "windows cannot access \\N3DS"

it was working before, i had it setup nice as a network drive

2 days ago i upgraded my SD micro from a 8gb to a 32GB and nintendo said

"
    • Do not swap between multiple SD Cards, or swap your SD Card between multiple systems. Use one SD card with one system and be sure to follow the steps below if transferring content to a new SD Card."
    do you think thats what wrong?

im on windows 10 preview build 10051

2. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    If you want to use Windows 10 already this is probably not the right place to ask for help with bugs.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    reset your router, sometimes mine craps out and needs a reset, works fine after that

4. AkiraX3

AkiraX3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Germany
  5. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    I am also having trouble on Windows 10 :(

6. CreativeMan

CreativeMan GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2009
    Mongolia
    Hi, working perfectly here on 3 different Win10 laptops. Try this :

1) On your 3DS, delete and recreate a new internet connection, if it was on position 1, register it on position 2 or 3.
    2) start the 3DS SD management tool, it will ask to choose the connection, then a name for your 3DS, a login and a pasword. Let's say as an example you set darkmario-3ds as console name, mario as login and 2222 as password.
    3) On your PC right click anywhere in a blank zone, in a folder or on your desktop it doesn't matters and point to New -> Shortcut then type \\darkmario-3ds then click next and finish. Now if you click on that link it should bring you to the usual login popup, type mario and 2222 and voilĂ  !

Tell me if it worked ;)

7. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    I forgot about this thread already. No, I just had to enable NetBIOS over tcp/ip on my NIC card...

Elusivo likes this.
  8. drgoku282

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    For anyone which could have this problem:

I don't think it has to do with swapping SD cards, those problems occurs only if you're using an SD card from a different 3DS. IIRC just copying data from one SD card to another is enough to do the change and does not affect anything in the system.

Transfer it's working on my Windows 10 laptop, it does not show up or connect immediately but it starts working if I wait for 2 or 3 minutes, you can also test if it is showing up in your network by changing the console name.

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Enable network and sharing

10. Emeraldman94

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Im having the same issue!!!!

11. Darkgilson

Darkgilson Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2008
    Belgium
    Hello !
    Might be an old thread but I got the same problem. I solved it by enabling Netbios in my advanced wifi adapter settings under windows 10 control panel.

Hope that helps !

12. linthalaa

linthalaa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    How do you enable Netbios in windows 10??? I'm looking for it but i don't find it

13. olku

olku Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2015
    It's probably an access point issue. I have the same problem, I can successfully connect after 5-10 minutes, it's the same with using fbrony. I have tried with 4 PCs with different OS's. I have not yet tried different access point, will try tomorrow at work.
    Enabling netbios made no difference.

edit: tried this at work today, it connects instantly, so it's definitely an access point issue.

Last edited by olku, Jan 29, 2016
  14. CyHo

CyHo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2016
    Malaysia
    Mine show you might now have the permission to use this network resources, but didn't give me a window to typy password....help...

15. Sylargaf

Sylargaf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    United States
    I just started having tha tproblem today too. Did some kind of stealth patch hit?

16. arakawa

arakawa Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2006
    Ressurecting this thread to say I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

17. TheMajesticMrL

TheMajesticMrL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    United States
    Old post, but I'm having the same issue. Not sure how to enable NetBIOS, but I have tried everything and it just won't show up. My connection at home is an open connection(the unlocked lock) while two of my friends have secured connections(locked lock). MicroSD Management worked perfectly fine on their connections, but on mine, the open one, it won't appear. If it helps, I'm using Windows 10, so that might be an issue, but I've even tried making my connection a secured one and it still didn't work.
    Don't have an adapter to insert it into my laptop, unfortunately. Anyone know how to fix this?

18. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
  19. TheMajesticMrL

TheMajesticMrL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    United States
    Tried that, "Manage Network Connections" doesn't even appear in the Network and Sharing Center.

EDIT: Thing is, dunno why this is happening all of a sudden. It was working just fine about a week or so ago when I went to add a custom theme I liked.

Last edited by TheMajesticMrL, Mar 28, 2017
  20. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Windows update recently? Windows 10 has a bad habit of resetting all sorts of crap you don't want it to when it does one of it's "cumulative update"s. Check your Windows update settings again as well... sometimes those setting resets include making your computer 'share' windows update files (basically, M$ turns your machine into an update bot. I'm not even sure if it's legal...)

Also, if you knew how to do it in Windows 7, may I suggest you install ClassicShell? I've used that since Vista. Can't stand the new menu layouts...

Last edited by urherenow, Mar 28, 2017