Hacking MicroSD Larger then 32GB for the Edge card?

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be a long shot - BUT, has anyone tried a microSDXC 64GB, 128GB or 256GB card with their Edge card??

I've been using the standard 16 SDHC and want to upgrade now that prices have come down so low. Before I just settle for a 32GB SDHC I thought I'd see if anyone has a SDXC working.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be a long shot - BUT, has anyone tried a microSDXC 64GB, 128GB or 256GB card with their Edge card??

I've been using the standard 16 SDHC and want to upgrade now that prices have come down so low. Before I just settle for a 32GB SDHC I thought I'd see if anyone has a SDXC working.

I'd say format it to FAT32 and try it.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the $89.99 cost it might just be worth purchasing a 256GB just to try out. If it doesn't work, a 256GB micro should come in handy for something else.

Will wait to a couple days to hear from anyone who's tried it before purchasing though...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
As long as your microSDXC is formatted FAT32, you will not have any issues.

Once the SDXC standard no longer support backwards support for SDHC mode, this will NO LONGER be the case when you buy a SDXC "ultra" or whatever the next standard extention is.

---

This will likely be the case when 2TB is reached since that is the current physical limit for the SDXC standard. 2TB is also the physical limit that FAT32 filesystem can support.

Reactions: ca032769

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as your microSDXC is formatted FAT32, you will not have any issues.

Once the SDXC standard no longer support backwards support for SDHC mode, this will NO LONGER be the case when you buy a SDXC "ultra" or whatever the next standard extention is.

---

This will likely be the case when 2TB is reached since that is the current physical limit for the SDXC standard. 2TB is also the physical limit that FAT32 filesystem can support.

Thank you!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay