microSD(HC) problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kirbydragon, Mar 7, 2008.

Mar 7, 2008

microSD(HC) problems by kirbydragon at 11:54 PM (988 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kirbydragon
    OP

Banned kirbydragon Banned

United States
    Hi, just got me and a friend a CycloDS and a Class-6 microSDHC. I thank you guys for helping me make the purchase.
    I have a few questions though since information seems somewhat hard to find.
    What are the most read speed dependent games? I'm not even sure this is what causes problems.
    From what I've told/seen, these are Castlevania(PoR), Geometry Wars, and possibly Tony Hawk's American Sk8land.

Are there save files for these games for quick "error" in game access? I found one for Castlevania but the link is dead. Where do the errors happen?
    So far I've tested Castlevania's FMV loop, and getting a gold(?) medal for Geometry's first stage, with no problems.
    I'm not sure this was the cause, but I've noticed slowdowns if the microSD isn't fully inserted. This happened while I was testing savestate and cheats though.
    Many thanks in advance.

2. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i dont think theres any errors in games where it would freeze, i just think the game will slow down in certain places like castlevania intro, but i think ive heard somewhere that cyclods has found a way to fix that, also, format your memory card to the highest allocation size possible, it will be much faster and causing no problems, and also use fat32 for sdhc

3. kirbydragon
    OP

Banned kirbydragon Banned

United States
    Yea I've played through PoR with no problems for at least the teleport scenes so far. I'm using FAT16.
    Guess there's not much to worry about, even less with probably a more memory efficient firmware update soon.

4. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    Geometry Wars has ridiculous slowdown even on the real cart, so don't worry too much about that. It's a DS problem, not the MicroSD's fault.