MicroSD from Winsunx

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by seank, May 12, 2007.

1. seank
    OP

seank Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    Hi

Has anybody bought a MicroSD card from Winsunx?

I'm looking at either the 1GB Kingston or 1GB PNY. The site doesn't say whether the cards were made in Japan or Taiwan - I'm guessing that means it could be either.

2. Goochee64

Goochee64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2002
    Sth Aust
  3. vergessen

vergessen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    I bought two fron winsux about a month ago and they where both japan models.

4. R4seller

R4seller GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2007
    Hong Kong
    The product is almost the same, don't believe japan is better.

And u can search the card in ebay. The price is fair in ebay around 8 GBP can get one!!

5. Xeijin

Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2007
    London, UK
    The Japanese ones use higher quality chips than other taiwanese ones so games like Castlevania: PoR and Tonyhawk's Downhill Jam work without slowdowns. This has been proven.

Also, I STRONGLY recommend you stay well away from eBay, the '£8' cards he's talking about are almost all fakes which most of the time use inferior quality chips resulting again in slow downs.

6. dbgtdob

dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 14, 2007
    United States
    winsunx should take out the n and be winsux, their shipping is insane, its $22 to ship to the uk and $50 to ship to africa, when other sites that dealextreme offer free shipping on their 1gb kingston japan for $13 dollars.

7. seank
    OP

seank Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    Thanks, I ended up ordering one from them.

I agree that their postage is expensive, but it's the same on pretty much every site that sells DS flash cards. Another that I was looking at (bamboogaming.com) wanted $30 to ship to Australia, and that was regular post and without the packaging from the products being sent?!

Apparantly dealextreme has very slow postage (ie. weeks), so I wanted to avoid them.

8. Xeijin

Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2007
    London, UK
    Yeah, if urgency is a issue then you'd probably want to steer clear. I upgraded to EMS Express shipping and it still took quite a while (a bit over a week, when it should have taken 3-4 days, this was AFTER dispatch).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice