Kira Yamato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyone who has a sandisk microSD 1 gb or a Kingston microSD 1gb or both hopefully who could give me some tips about which one is better? ^^ thanks

Kira Yamato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks ^^ i think then ill go for kingston... hopefully is japanese... because there is not said... anyone knows if kingston microsd cards from hopebuy are japanese?

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from the FAQ that is stickied at the top of this forum...

QUOTE said:
Memory
Q) What type of memory do I need for R4/M3s?
A) MicroSD, aka Transflash. Note: This is small than MiniSD. And yes, it really is that small.

Q) What is the best MicroSD card for the R4/M3s?
A) Toshiba or Kingston-JAP (i.e. made in Japan, model number: SD-C01G) is the most compatible card for R4/M3s if you want to play Castlevania - Portrait Of Ruin. If you dont play it, any other card will work fine with the other 800+ games on the "list". Sandisk Ultra2's also work ultra flawlessly with POR, but the price is ultra absurd (double the price of kingston). PNY/Viking also OEM from the same factories that make the kingston silicons, but there's no guarantee that these cards are exactly the same as the kingston ones. There's a chance that the taiwanese cards made by all companies work flawlessly with POR, but like I said, it's only a chance. Or you could buy any MicroSD you want, and buy the original POR game. After all it is only one game, and probably a small glitch in the dumped backup. For a list of POR compatibility click here.

Q) How much memory do I need?
A) 1 Gigabyte of memory should be enough for 20 ROM backups. If you don't see yourself needing more than this then don't buy it, because the prices increase exponentially after 1Gbyte.

Q) Where do I buy MicroSD memory from?
A) It is sold in most places that sell normal memory card formats. Recommended online retailers: USA, Newegg; UK, MyMemory.co.uk.

Q) Do I format my MicroSD to FAT16 or FAT32?
A) The preferred option is FAT16 (just called FAT under Windows). FAT16 will run quicker than FAT32. FAT32 allows for larger capacity (over 2Gbytes), but since the largest MicroSD card is currently 2GByte, this isn't a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there