Hacking MicroSD cards that work or don't work on Sky3DS

msdz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched the forums & could not find anything about this so decided to post this. I bought a blue button Sky3DS a few days ago with a new ADATA 128Gb microSD card. Put a few games on it & tried playing on the 2DS & I was able to play only the first game I loaded up. The Sky3DS would just flash the blue LED constantly the entire time no matter what I had tried.
So I decided to grab my Sandisk 8Gb microSD card & load up some games. It worked perfectly as it should. So as stated other users should tell the rest of us what microSD cards they are using that work or do not work with the Sky3DS. I would like to get a larger capacity microSD card but would like to hear from others for confirmation before just randomly buying a new microSD card.

Not sure if this makes a difference or not but also I am using the latest downloads from the Sky3DS website for DiskWriter & the template.
DiskWriter V1.05
Template V01.05

ADATA 128Gb DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY
Sandisk 8Gb DOES WORK PROPERLY

Reactions: Hader

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently SOME kingston cards do not work properly.

This person here is having the same issue I had:

This should also be a sticky :)

Reactions: Tacopilot

msdz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently SOME kingston cards do not work properly.

This person here is having the same issue I had:

This should also be a sticky :)

That was also the same problem I was having with the ADATA 128Gb microSD card. Since I switched to the Sandisk 8Gb card I am having no issues so far. The LED light does not flash at all except when you hit it to switch to another game. It takes about 7-10 seconds to load up the next game & the LED light will stay on till the game switches. I thought maybe the ADATA card was formatted improperly so I tried formatting it a couple times with the DiskWriter app & also with Windows. It didn't matter, the microSD card I guess is just worthless for using in the Sky3DS. I guess it will be a backup card for storing the games & other important stuff on in case my hard drive messes up.

da1e85

Trophies
XP
32gb sdhc San disk extreme is what my gf uses its perfect and I use a 64gb sdxc San disk ultra also perfect but it takes a second longer to switch games than hers

Reactions: msdz

Tacopilot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using three Transcend 16Gb class 10 / U1 (300x) that I got on Amazon for $8 each. Also working is a generic 8gb class 4. My "Team 32Gb class 10/ U1 " I could not get DiskWriter to load games on to. There were no error messages, but the games just never showed up. I also have had problems with some cards only playing the first game but I did not keep track of what brand they were.

Also wanted to mention to other newbies like myself. The first time you use a new card I think you have to hold down the blue button while you insert it and then without letting up on the blue button eject it again. After this do one or two normal insert/ eject cycles and you are up and running normally. Pure uneducated speculation on my behalf is that the first cycle adds power to the sky3ds card without letting the 3ds see that there is a card present. The next cycle might be adding the save file and then you put it in to play. I thought my generic card was nit working but this fixed the issue.

Last edited by Tacopilot,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455