Hacking MicroSD cards from Deal Extreme?

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you who have dealt with DX in the past, have you ever ordered MircoSD cards from them? The prices look good, but I've always been wary of Chinese websites and memory cards. From my experience a huge portion are fakes. Since speed (and reliability) do matter in a flashcart, I'm concerned about ordering from them.

I'll most likely be getting either an Acekard 2 (in the front running due to the amazing price right now), Edge or Supercard DS One and thought I might as well include a memory card with the order. That is, if they have decent ones. (By the way any suggestions between those choices are always welcome. I've been reading reviews and posts for hours on end without a concrete decision made yet.
wink.gif
)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

PS - I tried searching if this information was already posted a few times throughout today, but the search function has been down.

PPS - Please accept my apologies if this thread is in the wrong section. If so can a mod please move it? Thanks again!

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I recent bought 4 of their 2GB micro SD kingstons for like 7 bucks each or something like that. No idea if they are fake or not, but I dont really care, they seem to work well enough.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Quality seems to be on par with what I've heard; I can't say I've bought from them, but I wouldn't be too afraid of fake microSD cards on DX.

Anyways I recommend you do get a microSDHC card, especially from NewEgg, Frys, or Meritline.

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay thanks. Doesn't sound too promising (in terms of knowing whether or not they are fakes). Has anyone ran any speed tests at all?

I may end up just staying local for the memory card.

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone here bought or heard about this card 4GB card? I'll be using it with an AceKard 2. I have found a Patriot 4GB class 6 card local in town for only a little over $4 more. Not to sure on the Patriot band name, I have heard of Kingston before. Would I be better off getting the Patriot one for the small price difference?

I was also thinking of this 8GB one, but wouldn't Class 2 be too slow?

Anything else anyone recommend that I pick up while I'm at it? Looks like they have all sorts of neat gadgets for super cheap.
smile.gif

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a jap 1gb kingston and imo its slower than it should be so im calling 'fake'
they are cheap anyway so id get them for a better retailer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed