Hacking microSD card question.

inava16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having a bitch of a time getting my Supercard DStwo working on my 3DS (works perfectly on my fat DS) and i'm boiling it down to my microSD at this point. The firmware for both Supercard and 3DS are current.
It's a Transcend 16gb class 6. Due to protection I can't get around; I can't completely format it and I think that is what is holding back my flashcart.

So i'm asking what SD cards do those who use a DStwo on 3DS have? I'm looking for a 32GB card preferably. Thanks for any advice given.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use Panasonic SD Formatter v3.1 and report back exactly what happened when you tried to format USING THE PROGRAM'S DEFAULT OPTIONS (don't touch anything except the 'format' and 'ok' buttons)

First, add all the EOS v1.13 files from here http://down.supercar...12_0323_eng.zip

THEN you overwrite the files in the _dstwo folder's files (I'm referring to the _dstwo folder that's on your micro sd card now, because it's part of the EOS v1.13 files) using the files inside of the _dstwo folder available here in this next download (only the stuff inside that folder called _dstwo...nothing else) http://down.supercar...12_0323_eng.zip Your computer will ask if it's ok to overwrite the files inside the _dstwo folder on your micro sd card and you say 'yes'. You have done this step to make your card compatible for the newest DSi firmware. Remember how to do it because if Nintendo makes a v1.45 firmware then you will do the exact same thing again. Finally, put the ds2boot.dat file on the root of your micro sd card

Then you add the file inside of the archive from this download, to the root of your micro sd card http://down.supercar...e_v1.16_eng.zip Now, using your DS Lite/DS (whatever DS, just as long as it's not a 3DS v4.2.0-9 console). This step requires more than adding the file though. You need to run the dstwoupdate.dat file as if it were a game. This step, when used in conjunction with the others, will make your SCDS2 compatible with the latest 3DS firmware v4.2.0-9.

Keep in mind to never ever interupt the update process as it will ruin your SCDS2, or any flashcard. Wait until the process is over and says it was successful, and then power cycle your DS. In the case of the SCDS2, you should remove the micro sd card and delete the ds2boot.dat and dstwoupdate.dat file, after turning off your DS, and before turning it back on to see if the update really was successful.

Voila you're done.

inava16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use Panasonic SD Formatter v3.1 and report back exactly what happened when you tried to format USING THE PROGRAM'S DEFAULT OPTIONS (don't touch anything except the 'format' and 'ok' buttons)

Doing that allows it to format perfectly fine, it's when I try "FULL(Erase)" that i'm stopped by an error stating it reverted back to default formatting settings.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing that allows it to format perfectly fine, it's when I try "FULL(Erase)" that i'm stopped by an error stating it reverted back to default formatting settings.
You don't need to do the full erase, and that wasn't an error it flashed in that message...it was an indicator that that option just isn't possible. I know all the tutorials say to do that, but it's only possible on some micro sd cards (small ones) and it makes little, to no, difference. Your card is fine dude. Follow my above steps and everything will be peachy.

inava16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to do the full erase, and that wasn't an error it flashed in that message...it was an indicator that that option just isn't possible. I know all the tutorials say to do that, but it's only possible on some micro sd cards (small ones) and it makes little, to no, difference. Your card is fine dude. Follow my above steps and everything will be peachy.

I see. I'm still getting "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED" on my 3DS. I'm gonna keep trying until it sticks. Starting with a new wipe of my SD. It's reassuring to see that my previous error wasn't the problem. Thanks.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, rename the dstwoupdate.dat file to dstwoupdateb.dat. (see how I added a "b") Start up the 3DS (it has to be the 3DS, not your other DS) and sit at the error screen (don't touch anything) for 4 solid minutes and then turn your 3DS off and delete both the dstwoupdateb.dat file, and the ds2boot.dat file off your micro sd card, using your PC. Now, boot up your SCDS2 on your v4.2.0-9 3DS. It will now be compatible, with no error screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup