OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with my microsd card. It's working perfectly fine on the Wii, I can read and write to it and it plays games normally. I wanted to add some new WiiWare games to it, so I put the microsd card in my PC as usual, but for some reason, the PC is not reading the microsd card correctly. It's not showing as removable drive on "My Computer" like usual, so I went to Disk Management and see it as an H: drive but it's not accessible. I thought it might be malfunctioning, so I put it back in the Wii to test if it works, and everything works correctly.

I tried using a different microsd to USB adapter and the same thing happens. Then, I tried using a different microsd card, and it reads fine on both the PC and Wii. I also tried uninstalling the USB driver for the adapter in "Device Manager", restarting, and then plugging in the USB adapter and let windows install the drivers, but that didn't help either. The other microsd card works fine, I don't understand why it doesn't read the original microsd card. It used to work fine, now all of a sudden my PC just won't read it correctly, but it works perfectly fine on my Wii.

Any help would be appreciated.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
a simple question

is it a SDHC card?

if it is you need a SDHC card reader as standard SD readers cant read HC cards

Akuma147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's an sdhc card, and yes it's also an sdhc reader. It's worked on the reader before and I also tried a different reader. I also tried a different card on the reader and it works.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have any network drives mapped as drive H: ??

XP (maybe others) have a bug that means a USB drive will get the same letter as a mapped drive, and the mapped drive only shows up in 'My Computer', whereas you will see the SD card in "Disk Management "

Use Disk Management to allocate an un-used drive letter to the SD Card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night