Hardware MicroSD Card is read on new 2DS XL but not windows

Urataros07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry If this is on the wrong thread, but since this has somewhat to do with my 3DS here i am. Last night I installed the CIA's for the following games
Azure Strike Gunvolt
Pokemon X
Yo-Kai Watch
Cooking Mama Sweet Shop
Tales of the Abyss
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Super Street Fighter 4 3D edition
Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth (and the DLC)
Project Mirai DX
all of these games are USA region.

I was trying to do something to get Sweet Shop and Megamix to work as they crashed upon opening but then when i inserted my Sandisk Ultra A1 64GB MicroSD card. It wouldn't be read by windows, in fact, nothing would work while i had it inside the SD card reader. I tried with other microSD cards, a 32GB samsung one and a 128GB Sandisk of the same brand they both worked, So i put my SD card back into my 3DS and it read it properly. I don't know what's wrong, Please help, If it comes to me having to cut my loses with this MicroSD card I do have the essential homebrew applications backed up.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a New 3DS/2DS and a Windows PC, you can also use MicroSD Management to copy files to and from your SD card. (However, the SMBv1 protocol used by MicroSD Management leaves your computer very vulnerable and should not be left enabled.)

Urataros07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take another SD card with 3DShell. Either GodMode9 H&S inject the app or transfer a copy of the 3DSX or CIA onto the n2DSXL's onboard CTRNAND storage before transferring it onto the target SD card.

OK, so I tried using the SD Card with all the applications for the zipped folder from the guide you showed me, It only booted into Luma3DS and I couldn't boot into GodMode9. At this point I'm fine with just setting my New 2DS XL back to Official Firmware and re-hacking my system with a new Micro SD being sure to back up everything properly this time.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point I'm fine with just setting my New 2DS XL back to Official Firmware and re-hacking my system with a new Micro SD being sure to back up everything properly this time.
Uninstalling CFW is almost never a solution. If you want to start over with a new SD card, then all you need is boot.firm and boot.3dsx on your SD card (and the other files from the "Finalizing Setup" section of the Guide.)

If you can't get your PC and 3DS to read and write the same SD card, then sadly you have other problems.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I tried using the SD Card with all the applications for the zipped folder from the guide you showed me, It only booted into Luma3DS and I couldn't boot into GodMode9. At this point I'm fine with just setting my New 2DS XL back to Official Firmware and re-hacking my system with a new Micro SD being sure to back up everything properly this time.
Oh shoot. Apologies for that CFW starter kit. It includes the newest version of GodMode9 v1.8.0, which is known to not work for some people when chainloaded through Luma3DS.
Swap out the sdmc:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm with the older v1.7.1 release.

Urataros07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalling CFW is almost never a solution. If you want to start over with a new SD card, then all you need is boot.firm and boot.3dsx on your SD card (and the other files from the "Finalizing Setup" section of the Guide.)

If you can't get your PC and 3DS to read and write the same SD card, then sadly you have other problems.

So my 3DS and PC can read and write to the same SD card with other micro SD cards. But I believe something is wrong with the MicroSD card i installed most of my stuff on. I really don't think I can fix this situation with that SD card. Sorry If im coming off as ungrateful or impatient, It's just that I've tried what everyone is telling me and nothing is working so I'd rather cut my losses and next time be more careful.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my 3DS and PC can read and write to the same SD card with other micro SD cards. But I believe something is wrong with the MicroSD card i installed most of my stuff on. I really don't think I can fix this situation with that SD card. Sorry If im coming off as ungrateful or impatient, It's just that I've tried what everyone is telling me and nothing is working so I'd rather cut my losses and next time be more careful.

if you manage to get that second SD card to boot GodMode9, go with the GM9 H&S injector route as it's slightly easier than the 3DShell folder copying & pasting.
  1. [0:] SDCARD ()/cias/3DShell_v4.2.0.ciaCIA image options...Mount image to drive.
  2. 0000.EBACF098.appNCCH image options...Inject to H&S → etc.
The rest of that tutorial should follow exactly the same except for maybe slight differences in WinSCP login info.
  • Put both computer and n2DSXL as close to your home Internet router to get the best signal.
  • Transfer your files at hours where no one is using or hogging the Internet.
  • Set the screen brightness to the lowest setting.
  • Keep the n2DSXL plugged in the AC charger at all times. Occasionally check on the transfer progress.
  • :!: Putting the n2DSXL in sleep mode will disrupt progress and cause the homebrew app to crash.

Urataros07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you manage to get that second SD card to boot GodMode9, go with the GM9 H&S injector route as it's slightly easier than the 3DShell folder copying & pasting.
  1. [0:] SDCARD ()/cias/3DShell_v4.2.0.ciaCIA image options...Mount image to drive.
  2. 0000.EBACF098.appNCCH image options...Inject to H&S → etc.
The rest of that tutorial should follow exactly the same except for maybe slight differences in WinSCP login info.
  • Put both computer and n2DSXL as close to your home Internet router to get the best signal.
  • Transfer your files at hours where no one is using or hogging the Internet.
  • Set the screen brightness to the lowest setting.
  • Keep the n2DSXL plugged in the AC charger at all times. Occasionally check on the transfer progress.
  • :!: Putting the n2DSXL in sleep mode will disrupt progress and cause the homebrew app to crash.
so I followed the instructions and it gave me a timeout error.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I followed the instructions and it gave me a timeout error.
  • Both your computer that has WinSCP and the n2DSXL that has 3DShell has to be connected to the same Internet access point.
  • You have to launch 3DShell first and tap the cloud icon to launch FTP mode.
  • Once FTP initialized, you then do the Login in WinSCP.
  • Adjust the Login's data fields Host name and Port number to match the ones found on 3DShell.
  • :!: Check your router's firewall and anti-virus program settings if they're interfering with the FTP connection.
  • Another option is FTP between the n2DSXL and Android smartphone (substitute the FTP client if you have an iPhone).
  • If worst comes to worst, try FTP on a friend or family's different computer or one that doesn't share the same Internet source.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: