Microsd card files missing

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Muskstick, May 5, 2008.

May 5, 2008

Microsd card files missing by Muskstick at 5:28 AM (839 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Muskstick
    OP

Newcomer Muskstick Newbie

Australia
    Wondering if anyone could help with my problem, I was using my DS today and after turning it off then back on again around half the files on it were missing, windows still shows that the card is full so I think the data is still there and none of the data recovery programs Ive used have found any of these files (They found older files that I had deleted but none of the ones that had just vanished). Its not a great drama as I back up all of my saves but Id like to be able to recover these files than lose a few days of playing. Any suggestions guys?

2. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Sounds like your MicroSD card became corrupted. I suggest salvaging what you can and reformat the card. It sounds like the card's paging file may have been messed up and displaying old entries. When you delete a file, its still there on the card, but it gets marked as deleted so if you add another file to the card that needs the space, it oberwrites the old file's data. This is how recovery software works, its able to read the old data and recover files if they havn't already been over written.

3. Muskstick
    OP

Australia
    Thats what I was afraid of, Im not going to reformat it yet as I have vague hopes of rescuing my last couple of days of play, just found it weird when only a random selection of files were missing and none of the system files. Also when I run the Vista error check if I search for bad sectors it runs and closes without displaying any results then if I try to run it again I can't access the card without removing and inserting it again. *grumble*

4. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeah, your best bet of fixing up your card would be a format.

5. Muskstick
    OP

Australia
    Yeah Im planning to do a reformat but any tips on recovering the data first?