MicroSD Brand, Which is the best? (Or Better)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Luckybucket, Jun 26, 2010.

Jun 26, 2010
  1. Luckybucket
    OP

Newcomer Luckybucket Member

United States
    Which MicroSD Brand is better? SanDisk or Kingston? By better, I mean. . .Faster, less likely to break, and is built with good Quality. Ty [​IMG]

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Branded SDs are usually pretty good. I've heard good things about Kingstons but I've always used Sandisk MSD cards and I've never had any problems. Also Samsung MSD are meant to be pretty decent but don't quote me on that.

3. Parablank

Member Parablank GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Since I used a Kingston, I'm going to be biased.

Kingston, or Sandisk (used that too, for my camera, camcorder, and for a short while, DS).

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    As long as the µSD is branded, you shouldn't have any problem.

5. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    i've heard some bad storys about sandisks corrupting, but my brother's got one and it's only corrupted twice, and that was because of his R4.
    I'm using a kingston, never had any trouble with it. All branded MSDs are pretty good.

6. SixtySixHundred

Member SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I've been using an 8GB Samsung SDHC card for about 18months now with zero problems. I have an 8GB Nokia SDHC card too which isn't quite corrupt but something is certainly wrong with it. My 2GB Kingston mSD card works very well too, nothing ever wrong with that...

I'm not sure who Nokia use to make their cards but whoever it is is crap at making cards!

7. ryan90

Member ryan90 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    shouldn't this be a poll?

I have used both Sandisk and Kingston without any problems, i think Kingston are supposed to be really fast. i remember everyone talking about the kingston 1gb japan because it was the fastest card around and best compatibility on the ds at one point.

I also had great experience with PNY and there cards also have brilliant read speeds way past there class rating