Hacking Microphones not working... any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

dole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm mostly a lurker but I have been keeping up with the most of the forum for the past few months, and I have done some searching around on this issue and haven't been able to turn anything useful up.

Anyways, I've got some PS2 Logitech/Konami microphones that I'm trying to get working in RB2 and Karaoke Revolution, but keep getting the "you must have a microphone connected" message, even when I've got an extra Wii remote connected as the "placeholder" for the mic.

I'm on 3.2U, trying to use both the Backup Launcher or Mrkinator's Rock Band Launcher both result in the above error. I believe I've got RB Launcher Channel installed correctly but one thing I did notice when following Mrkinator's guide and using multi cios installer to install cIOS37 as IOS232 is that it said
"Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 as IOS 232" and not
"Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232"
as it says in the guide. I couldn't find the listing for "rev7 dip" unless I just missed it, or maybe had bad IOS37 files. I downloaded them straight from the Ninty links.

Not sure if this would make a difference, and whether IOS37 addresses the mics at all, or deals only with RB hardware.

Any ideas? Hopefully I've got enough information to go by.
Thanks!

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i havent tried rockband yet but ive used the logitech microphone that came with ps2 x factor with american idol 2 on the wii with no problems, its a backup and im using backup launcher gamma on 3.2

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow tripple post, i only clicked the button once....

Posts merged

I'll tell you what you did wrong. You pirated the game...

Posts merged

I'll tell you what you did wrong. You pirated the game...

.... Did someone hack my account or something?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... yet your posts are 2 and 4 minutes apart...

It's always ironic when someone on a pirating forum makes a comment about how other people are pirating games and that's their problem. People come here for help, not sarcastic comments.

From what I understand, the USB driver kwiirk developed lacks legacy support for USB 1.1 devices which are what the all the wii peripherals are designed for. Go use a regular softmod in the mean time.

dole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed cIOS36 rev9 (3/30/09) in preparation for USB loader support a few days after the USB loader dropped, but I could've sworn I had rev6 or 7 in there before then and it didn't work then either. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool