Microphones not working after 4.0E installed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Izzy, Aug 5, 2009.

Aug 5, 2009
  1. Izzy
    OP

Member Izzy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    After I installed 4.0E on my Wii, my microphones stopped working in both Guitar Hero and Rock Band (They both worked before).
    I'm not using an USB HDD, just running all my backups from discs through NeoGamma.
    My Les Paul Guitar works in both games but it says I need to connect an USB Microphone to the USB port in order to sing (And yes, I have it plugged in hehe, I've tried both ports as well).
    Nothing works. What do I need to do, or is it impossible now? =(

/Izzy

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    This sounds a bit risky but have you considered downgrading to make sure that it works?

3. Izzy
    OP

Sweden
    No I haven't... :/
    I was on 3.2E earlier and it worked fine back then.

This isn't SUPER important, but it would be fun to get it working again.

4. Izzy
    OP

Sweden
    I've got another question regarding DLC for Rock Band 2, and as I understand it: It first downloads the song to the Wii System Memory, and after that copying it to the SD Card.

I'm currently using a 2 GB SD (Not SDHC) but planing to buy a 16 or maybe even 32 GB SDHC Card to be able to have a lot of more DLC's. But will that work? My Wii System Memory is nearly full.

Or can I delete them from the Wii System Memory and it will work from the SD card?

5. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    SDHC cards should work, but I am not sure about deleting them though in theory you should be able to.

6. mestapho

Member mestapho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    RB 2 doesn't support sdhc. The best you can do right now is a 4gb sd (not sdhc). You can keep quite a few dlc on even a 2 gb card though. What cios are you using?

7. Izzy
    OP

Sweden
    I'm not really sure, or even how to check. :/

Too bad RB2 don't support SDHC. [​IMG]

8. mestapho

United States
    Well, you need to be using cIOS rev 12 or higher to be able to use mics, but seeing that you were using a mic before the upgrade it should't be a problem. It might not be a bad idea to install rev 14 though, to be sure you are using a usb peripheral friendly cios. Maybe the upgrade you followed used an older cIOS.

9. Izzy
    OP

Sweden
    Another question again regarding DLC, It seems that they have to be on both Wii System Memory and the SD Card, and I've got around 1100 Blocks left on my Wii System Memory, and that will let me have around 25 songs or so? And I can't have more?
    I think I've got about 1 GB left of space which is around 8000 block (Or am I wrong?) on my SD Card.
    Or can I move/copy the "pay and play content" file to the SD Card?

10. mestapho

United States
    The only way to get around the memory issue is to play from the disc channel. If you play from the disc channel you will have a dlc save for each gen that takes up 1 block.

11. Izzy
    OP

Sweden
    Sorry for bump, but I didn't see that reply.

So if I'll do that, it won't take up place on both the SD Card and the Wii System Memory, just on the SD Card? (Which is just fine by me)

What do I need to do to be able to play discs from the disc channel again? (I'm on 4.0E, I could play from the disc channel when I was on 3.2E).

I can also use USB Loader/USB Loader GX if there's an option in the Settings menu to start it differently so it acts like it's been launched from the Disc Channel.

Thanks in advance!