OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I searched for this problem but all the answers were too complicated for me to understand.
I recently 'got' Disney: sing it and my microphones aren't working. The game isn't recognizing that they are plugged in.
I have installed everything that is listed in this guide on my 4.1U wii: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890, including HBC, Bootmii (IOS), Preloader, and NeoGamma Rev7.
I haven't installed or hacked anything else other than what this guide has listed.
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to easily get the microphones to work, in an explanation that a n00b would understand, because I'm still behind in understanding a lot of things.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look at the back of your Wii.

While looking at it, plug the USB Mic into the USB port on the LEFT.

The first set of USB Mics I tried seemed to have trouble but they were just quiet (read:they sucked) I actually got a cheaper, yet larger, set at BestBuy and no problems since.

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this won't be too misleading, and I'm not over-complicating things.

I'd had a hell of a time getting my USB instruments (mic and drums) working in Rock Band until I bricked my Wii and had to reinstall everything recently. I finally got them working through the instructions in this topic:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125495

Which I hadn't followed right the first time, my fault was not getting the "Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232" step right. I did, and mics finally worked using the Rock Band launcher... except they do NOT work unless I unplug and replug them in AFTER the game's loaded. Leave them plugged in from booting up the Wii, the game won't recognize them until unplugged and replugging them in. That, and of course you have to have a spare Wiimote on to use the mic. My Wii lays flat, drums in the top USB port and mic in the bottom. So if I'm remembering correctly, that's the *right* USB port and not the left, so not sure if YMMV in this situation or whether it should matter.

Personally, I'd try installing the RB launcher and launching Sing It from it to try to get the mics working. I'm going to do the same later when I get home from work to run Karaoke Revolution to see if it works since I had the same problem before.

Anyone else able to get mics working from Neogamma or any "regular" loader? If I'm completely wrong and mics work using a regular launcher, please bring the smackdown. IIRC, USB 1.0 stuff like the drums and mic weren't working in earlier revs of cIOS38, not sure if that's been fixed yet or not (and curious about it.)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dole then that's why the whole unplugging and replugging nonsense. cIOS uses the bottom (right) USB port for a USB HDD ONLY. Use the left one and the Mic shouldn't give you a problem.

use a USB hub and plug everything into the Left port (except a USB HDD if you use one, that goes in the Right port.

playingsolitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... now that you mention it, I too had trouble getting my mic to work in American Idol. I didn't realize it had anything to do with the fact that I modded my wii. Anyways, I got it to work by plugging my mic into a USB hub and plugging the hub into the back of the wii. I read somewhere that the mic had trouble drawing enough power from the wii and that a powered USB hub is the way to do. I didn't have a powered USB hub so I used a regular USB hub and that worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over