Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi all!
I think I have shown this to you before, maybe not? However, there are so many new users here now anyway, so I might as well show it again.
I wrote a really really really short story one night. I just had this ultra flow and things kept coming from my head.

Now, When I wrote it, I made a few hidden things in it... or what it should be called. I'd like to hear your comments on this.. can you find anything "hidden" in it, references, or anything? How do you interpret the story? How do you interpret the style of the layout and colours and stuff.

What I really want is to get a nice discussion going, hopefully serious.
And I'd also like some comments on what you think, but not just "lol great" or "omg it suxxors" but also: WHY does it suck?

Last thing: I saved it as an image because those I was going to show it for couldn't view pdf files for some reason, nor word.. so it's not anything animated or such just so you know!

Untitled_Short.png

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
You've obviously been reading some Mark Z. Danielewski books, haven't you? This is so reminiscent of House of Leaves and Only Revolutions. The narration must be Johnny Truant-insipired...

Good to know another Temper has read his books.

Other than that, it seems pretty solid, if you're really going for that directionless-stream-of-consciousness-and-neo-ergodic-kind-of literal style that Johnny Truant (and Zampanò) commonly use.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Indeed I have read Mark Z. Danielewski's books
wink.gif
House of Leaves is my all time favourite.
However, I wasn't counciously inspired by his style... Though it turned out like this anyway
tongue.gif
(In swedish: Jag var omedvetet inspirerad, tänkte inte på det då).

I really really recommend Steven Hall's book The Raw Shark Texts, available in Swedish and a huge selection of other languages... (And in your case: The Swedish translation is REALLY good, I have both the English and Swedish and it really captures the feel and has everything correctly translated.)
Even Z recommended this book on his myspace when it came out... and considering how Z is, that sure does say something
wink.gif

Well, I think this directionless-stream-of-consciousness-and-neo-ergodic is my style... I've tried to write more concise and "traditional" but I just can't. However, I wrote this at 4 a.m. took an hour, and every colour, each repetition, and even the directionlessness has a meaning
smile.gif
Some are more obvious than others
wink.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Twas a good use of fanciful text, and it was well written, but I'm not a big fan. Literature with the sole purpose of entertainment is not really my style.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the comment monkat! To which extent do you consider a work of literature to have a sole purpose of entertainment?
smile.gif
Just curious! Do you prefer fact books and such?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo