Hardware Micro sds works in PSP but not in PC, wants format

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 sandisk 16 gb micro sd cards and I use them with Photofast MS Pro Dual slot adapter. I also have other adapters and I have the same issues. The PSP can read the sd cards fine but when I either try to hook the PSP up to my PC with usb or I use an adapter to read them in PC it asks me to format. Tried two computers. I want to add a few games but can't because of this, and I'd rather not format and lose all my games/saves. It makes no sense to me that the PSP can read them fine but computers wants me to format them.

Jay_Rose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in the same situation, same adapter but I have 2 128 gb Samsung evo micro sds I'm trying to run. they format properly with the psp but the pc cant read them

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are using a dual adapter it probably redoes the formatting to work with that (probably splits the difference, though might interleave).
I am not aware of any programs or handlers for such things, and it probably varies between the various such devices anyway.

Leave it in the adapter and find a pro duo or whatever reader, or leave it in the PSP. If it is slow to read/write in the PSP then go into settings and disable charge when USB connected for as long as you need access to the card -- USB delivering bulk power means compliant devices will reduce speed of reading to handle the excess noise/induction that goes on because of such hobbies..
There should be various options for FTP as well so you could instead go over network but it has been a while since I played with any of those.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say the same thing, but the original post mentions having used usb. it's an old post though, not sure if the second poster tried that or not or if he just removed the memory stick adapter and plugged in one of the micro sd cards to the pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol