Vincent T

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myanimelist.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys im planning on buying a 4 or 8 gb card. I really dont know which one to get. Like i heard about class2,4,6. So any suggestions? I searched but i didnt find an answer. Thanks Alot.
yaynds.gif

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
well micro sd doesnt really exist in 4-8 what i know of anyway! SDHC is your friend.

Look up this card: Sandisk Mobile Ultra 8gb SDHC

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Class # is basically the general speed of the microSDHC card. Class 6 is the fastest, and therefore the more expensive one. However, class 4 is usually adequate, so feel free to get class 4, but if you have a few more bucks to shell out, definitely buy the class 6 microsdhc. Brands to look out for are Sandisk, Kingston, and Transcend.

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what I got, but i like my 4gb better cause it doesn't lag when I change songs. (i have over 300 songs on it). IDK why because my 4gb is class 2 sandisk, and this 8gb one is class 4 kingston. Well here's the link. MAKE SURE NOT TO BUY FROM AMAZON DIRECT. BUY FROM A SELLER TO THE RIGHT, as the free shipping requires 25 and up, and they are selling this for 22. One of the sellers to the right is selling for 22 and free shipping. I think its SuperMediaStore.

And this is cheaper than Newegg, as newegg has a 5 dollar shipping fee or somethin?k

Kingston 8gb Class 4

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
The class rating on SDHC cards is a guaranteed minimum sustained write speed (Class 2 = 2MB/sec, Class 4 = 4MB/sec, Class 6 = 6 MB/sec etc).

Virtually all cards no matter the class will read at ~20MB/sec. The important speed for flashcart usage is the Random Access Time. Toshiba, Transcend and A-Data typically have the lowest RAT. Sandisk standard cards (that is, not the ultra2/extreme3/premium etc lines) are generally quite poor, with RATs of double Toshiba.

With a 4GB card you will be able to format it as FAT rather than FAT32, which will also give you a speed boost/help to minimise lag (especially important if you use a TTDS - I find the menu unusable with a FAT32 SD card).

klein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend a 4gb card since I have about 10 games on there with about 10 songs and I just barely fill up 1gb. 8gb just seems a bit excessive for something I would never use.

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
I use 8gb because you might need the space someday
smile.gif
And the difference in price is slim. Very slim.

Why not go for the larger one instead of having to delete stuff when you need the space?

I looked at the card you linked. Its an OK one and the price is cheap but i would get a class 6 ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)