Micro-SD useable in 3DS, but not to be written to in Diskwriter

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by j0p3Y, Nov 17, 2015.

1. j0p3Y
    OP

j0p3Y Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2007
    Netherlands
    Hi,
    I have an Integral 32GB UltimaPro Micro SDHC (40MB/s - Class 10) which has the ROMs I can play with my 3DS.
    I have been able to write those ROMs to it and from it, but after a few months I'm not able to write more ROMs to it or delete Roms. There's plenty of room though.

At one time I did use the option Optimiser. Looks like since then the problems started.

For instance:
    - When I remove all ROMs, after the removal-action Diskwriter shows just several Roms that have gone, but still a few stay on. When I 'refresh', all ROMs appear to be on the SD-card.
    - When writing to the SD card, Diskwriter shows that they are added. When I put the card in the #DS, they are not on it. When I put the card back in the cardreader, Diskwriter shows no added ROMs.
    - ReFormat doesn't work, there's no way I can find the SD card.
    - I did some stuff in CMD-line to get the card reformatted in Windows and then hopefully back to the Sky3DS-filesystem, but the SD-card seems to be write protected. Tried to get write protection off, but no success.

Any suggestions would be welcome

2. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    SD card is either fake, or failed.

3. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    I've never heard of this brand it's definitely a fake card

4. Ray3ds

Ray3ds Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2015
    Netherlands
  5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    in this scenario its better to format the card with size adjustment on using sd formatter 4 then doing a write+verify test using h2testw.

Ray3ds likes this.
  6. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I've only heard the term in calculus

Tony_93 likes this.