micro sd usb frying?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hlpme, Aug 15, 2007.

1. hlpme
    OP

hlpme Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hi I recently bought a 2gb micro sd usb (Kingston) for my r4. My question is there an estimated time on how long we can keep the

usb in our pc before it frys? I intend on putting on alot of games at one time so I was just wondering. thx

2. StealthSoul

StealthSoul Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2007
    England
    I left mine in while putting around 1.5 GB on there, which took incredibly long on my crappy PC. I'd say a long time, I didn't even think it would fry :/

3. Xeronage

Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2006
    I left one in my built-in SD reader for 3 days =\ it was as hot as an oven, and fried crispier than a crisp.

4. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    I would seriously advise you getting a better reader, even if you do only use it for short periods of time...

- Sam

5. leetdude_007

leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

Nov 25, 2006
    United States
    I fried a sony memory stick once because I got an unreliable (cheap and chinese) reader. Although not all Chinese card readers are alike! Possibly laced with lead paint?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice