Hacking micro sd spring slot broken help

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Try putting some pressure on the back of your Ak 2 and then put in the microSD.
Putting the Ak 2 in your DS before inserting the microSD might also work.

Disclaimer said:
When I say some pressure then I mean not too much pressure, but if you use common sense it'll be alright

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exchange it for a new one if possible.

Otherwise, I'd probably open it up (carefully so as to not break the fragile clips) and see if maybe I could fix it. It doesn't sound as though your spring broke since it's pushing it back out. If all else failed, I'd consider removing the spring to see if maybe it would stay in by itself without the spring pushing it back out.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If that's directed at me, I have no idea. I have never opened mine, nor would I unless there was a reason I couldn't return it and I had nothing to lose.

It's likely that removing the spring will destroy the card altogether since I doubt it will work without a spring but I might be tempted to try it as a last resort if I was going to chuck it in the garbage can anyway.

-Bri

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume you are pushing the microsd right past flush until you cant push it further? at the furthest point it would spring back to flush and stay in normally.
its not clear to me that you havent just switched from a card which works a bit different and didn't realise.
if you do know how its doen then cant help im afraid
smile.gif

superdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no at the point where it click and i use my acekard 2 theres a fat error meaning the micro sd is not touching the bottom

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it does click and stay in? firts post says it doesn't.
then more likely ur card is generally busted and you need a new one.
lots of posts on unrecoverable fat errors.

schmoey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never use the spring for my AK2 lol, I just pull the microSD out and pop it back in whenever. It was easy on my first FAT error'd one (where I accidentally stumbled upon the idea, because I really did not trust its spring).. a little harder to do with my replacement, but once I was able to successfully pull out the microSD one time, it's been easy since. I recommend everyone to do this instead because seriously, the spring is kinda sketchy
wink2.gif

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed on the sketchy spring. Just got mine(abt 20 mins ago). When I first inserted the microSD card, the clicking sounds weird and I wasn't sure if it was in or not. Tried a few times to get the feel of it.

Return the cart for another one will probably be easier unless you need to go somewhere soon and want to use the AK2.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ma M3 spring just died... so after some screwing around, i set it so that it doesn;t use the spring (using magic... and a screwdriver)
So... yeah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455