Micro sd removal question.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Armadillo, Jan 21, 2007.

Jan 21, 2007

Micro sd removal question. by Armadillo at 4:59 AM (1,714 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Armadillo
    OP

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Had my r4 for around a week now and all is fine , apart from one thing has been bugging me. The micro sd slot , in the review and from just generally looking around , alot of people say as it's on the top it's easy to remove without taking the card out. How ever I can't seem to manage it easily. Most of the time I end up releasing the whole card , rather than just the micro sd card.

So the question is , is there is specific trick to getting it out without releasing the whole card?. Is it cause I have a old ds and not a lite? , is the slot more accessible on the lite? So it's easier to release just the micro sd or do I just have fat fingers [​IMG] .

Thanks

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    The slot is exactly the same (I've had both units)
    Try to use your finger and press down into the little groove where the microSD sits. It's not much of a fuss to remove the card anyway [​IMG]

EDIT: Maybe use the side of your finger/finger nail so that it'll fit in the slot [​IMG]

3. mstaspawkl

Newcomer mstaspawkl Member

United States
    i dont know how huge your fingers are. but i usually just use my nail. make sure your nail is perpendicular to the DS and R4, and press down in the middle of where the groove is. so the whole process of removing it, you do not touch the R4 at all..... okay maybe a little

4. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    I find it easier to use my finger in the opposite direction to the sd card.

so if [----] that is the card I'd use my finger like:

Code:
     Â Â|
    [--|--]
    Â Â|
    It's too awkward the other way.

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I think slot 1 was more loose on the old DS than on the lite; it was on mine anyway. Regardless, the microSD slot will put up less of a fight after you insert & remove the card a few dozen more times. And, you know, fingernail. Forgive me if I don't draw a diagram.

6. ydnar64

Newcomer ydnar64 Advanced Member

United States
    WHy is it that you insist on removing it without removing the whole R4? Eitehr way just press down on the card with your nail and it will come up. It does for me and i use an origional DS (I bought that thing when they first came out. The day of)

7. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    He insist on removing it (the microSD card) without removing the R4 because if the R4 is the only thing you'll ever put in your NDS slot-1, you wouldn't ever need to take it (the R4) out. Just the microSD card. And to the OP, microSD cards, as well as the slot to put it in, are pretty small. Using your whole index finger to push it in/out (as you do with most push in/out objects) tends to push the R4 as well and release the trigger to let the R4 out. I realized this when I first got my R4 as it happened a few times [​IMG] It's not a problem, just use your fingernail perpendicular to the microSD and that'll get it out without taking the R4 out.

8. ydnar64

United States
    I figure that much myself... just sounds really lazy...

9. Katalyst

United States
    Hehe, I'd consider it lazy if it was going out of the way just so you wouldn't have to remove the R4. My R4 is the only NDS card I have, so it just stays in slot-1 [​IMG] It doesn't make sense for me to remove the R4, remove the SD card, load games, insert the SD card, then insert the R4 [​IMG] That's twice as much work vs. removing the SD card, loading the games, and inserting the SD card [​IMG] Easy without additional effort ftw! [​IMG]

10. ydnar64

United States
    yeah i agree doing two steps are better then 4 but if you happen to get unlucky have to do an extra step becuase you pressed too hard isn't the end of the world. Though no one said it was, but the origionator of this topic was getting really concerned about it...

11. Katalyst

United States
    True. The "problem" is so miniscule that I don't think it even required a thread. But hey, a bunch of threads on this forum really aren't required [​IMG]

12. ydnar64

United States
  13. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    I can get my MicroSD with the slot1 device in fine. You guys just have chubby fingers! >=]

14. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I've had the same problem. I find it impossible to remove the microsd card without removing the R4 from the slot. No big deal though.

15. fitzbean

Newcomer fitzbean Advanced Member

United States
    I think it's a totally legit thread! I remember when I had problems with a couple of M3 mini carts, it was always right after I'd removed it and reinserted it.. no removing means no reinserting means less wear means less breaking!

That said, I have no trouble popping the micro card out of the Simply without popping the Simply out.

16. Armadillo
    OP

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I'm not that concerned about it , if it pops out ,it pops out. Was more something that was just bugging me & wanted to see if others have same prob. As for the thread , better than another "what mirco sd card is best?" thread & if you don't like it , don't click the damn thread.

Thanks for the help anyway.

17. Katalyst

United States
    Haha, /truth. I don't think a week goes by where another one of those threads don't pop up [​IMG]