micro SD problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 4saken, Jul 6, 2007.

1. 4saken
    OP

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    I copied a bunch of NES roms (all of them were Earthbound because I'm trying to figure out a way for it to work on nesDS >_>) to a folder called NES in the microSD's root directory, and it seems to be corrupted. The issue is that I cannot access the folder on my R4 (freezes), and as a result, I cannot access the card on my computer; it gives me a "please insert disk to retry (or something) error, and shows up in my computer as a removable drive, but gives the same error. I tried to format, but the same error. I also tried to use diskmanagement for the heck of it, but it didn't see the drive at all.

My question: I'm fairly sure a format will do the trick, however I cannot get the computer to think that there is a microSD present. Is there a way to format this card using my computer (I have tried alternate USB ports and computers, but to no avail), like to force it to format a drive?

I think I have a friend who's phone can format microSDs, but I'd prefer not to trouble him.

Thanks

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Quite a predicament, personally I would try something like gparted first:
    http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

As well as phones cameras can format SD cards most of the time.

3. 4saken
    OP

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Okay it seems like I need to compile it or something, and I simply lack the knowledge to do that. Will any other standalone partitioning program do the same thing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice