Hacking Micro SD Dead - How do i recover?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I turned my 3DS on today to find my MicroSD card is dead. I've tried several methods to get the data back but I cannot get anything to even read the card.

So I've got a new MicroSD card. How do I restore everything I need back on my new card? I've got luma installed (Although no icon as it was on my old MicroSD card) and I had a few other apps but the main thing is getting the core directories and files back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I turned my 3DS on today to find my MicroSD card is dead. I've tried several methods to get the data back but I cannot get anything to even read the card.

So I've got a new MicroSD card. How do I restore everything I need back on my new card? I've got luma installed (Although no icon as it was on my old MicroSD card) and I had a few other apps but the main thing is getting the core directories and files back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm afraid if you can't get anything to read the SD card (like it doesn't even show up in your PC), you'll have to look for a professional data recovery solution, and those are not cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• See if the program Recuva can read and salvage whatever files are on your card. Ignore what Windows File Explorer says in not being able to identify it.
  • If you have EmuNAND on that dead card, you may copy it over to your new card using MiniTool Wizard Partition.
  • Before using your new card, always check that there's nothing wrong with it in a Full Write + Verify Test using H2testw.
  • Make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size, MBR disk, and Primary partition. IF your card is at least 128 GB, you can get away with using 64 KB cluster size.
  • From now on, follow the best practice in backing up your game saves with Checkpoint and/or JKSM.

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  • See if the program Recuva can read and salvage whatever files are on your card. Ignore what Windows File Explorer says in not being able to identify it.
  • If you have EmuNAND on that dead card, you may copy it over to your new card using MiniTool Wizard Partition.
  • Before using your new card, always check that there's nothing wrong with it in a Full Write + Verify Test using H2testw.
  • Make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size, MBR disk, and Primary partition. IF your card is at least 128 GB, you can get away with using 64 KB cluster size.
  • From now on, follow the best practice in backing up your game saves with Checkpoint and/or JKSM.
That's assuming the card can still be read tho, also Recuva never worked for me, I always use EaseUS Recovery Wizard (although you have to "buy" it)

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, perhaps I made a thread with the wrong title.

How or what files do I need to make my 3DS back to how it was before? IE Luma etc. Is there a pack to download to extract to the new MicroSD?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, perhaps I made a thread with the wrong title.

How or what files do I need to make my 3DS back to how it was before? IE Luma etc. Is there a pack to download to extract to the new MicroSD?

Ah, here you go.
Edit - This is cheat guide is to get you restarted if your 3DS was hacked before with boot9strap. Restoring your games and saves is something you have to do yourself.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)