Micro sd card speed?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by ChronOZero, Apr 22, 2007.

Apr 22, 2007

Micro sd card speed? by ChronOZero at 10:36 AM (836 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ChronOZero
    OP

Newcomer ChronOZero Newbie

United States
    Hey,

im planning to buy an ez 5, but im wondering if my micro sd card will work fine on it, as it seemed like you werent too sure about the speed needed in your review.

So basically i want to know the read/write speed of your micro sd cards and a little comment wether you have had any problems with it or not, to see if mine will work fine [​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

2. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    1GB Kingston, Made in Japan are generally seen as the best/fastest and best bang for the buck. If you have patience, DealExtreme.com sells them for 15 bucks, and you're sure you get a Japanese version. The Taiwanese ones are slow and crash with Castlevania PoR.

3. celentt

Member celentt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I am a supporter for Sandisk Ultra II MicroSD as i have never had any troubles with any games with it on my M3 Simply and Supercard Lite

and I know people who are having problems with Kingston Japan + Pokemon (U), while Ultra II has no problems, it also takes 1 second to save on ultra II but 4 seconds on Kingston.

they are however at least 10 bucks more than kingstons.

4. scrawl

Member scrawl GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    Having tested 5 different MicroSD cards with the EZ-V, I can vouch for the 1GB Kingston MicroSD.

Get one with serial# "SD-C01G JAPAN" - it should be printed on the front of the MicroSD card itself.

They are essentially a rebadged Toshiba card and also available from PNY plus other brands.

5. superkrm

Member superkrm GBAtemp Fan

United States
  6. kaoken

kaoken Newbie

Hey these Ultra II, is there any particular region I should buy it from or any ultra II is good?

7. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Speaking of speed, I got a plain sandisk 1gb and I am getting mixed results regarding the time the game displays a black screen between entering and leavin buildings in pokemon. So far 11 is the best but still a bit jaggy.

Any experience?

(N/B the menu is accessed by pressing L + R on the main seleciton menu on the ez v)

8. scrawl

Member scrawl GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    Have you tried enabling hybrid mode (firmware 1.41) in the menu?

Might be worth a try.