Micro SD card-reader

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Pie_Master178, Apr 16, 2008.

Apr 16, 2008

Micro SD card-reader by Pie_Master178 at 3:01 PM (1,236 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Pie_Master178
    OP

Newcomer Pie_Master178 Member

Australia
    Hi, I only used the card reader that came with my M3-Real 12-15 times and it just started to cease function the other night.I thought it was my micro SD 4gb card...however I put the card-reader without any card in it.It of course came up with an hub error and said that the hardware was not recognized by Windows(Windows XP) so I get the same error with and without the card inside the reader.

I really have to say this is very disheartening and the reader looked very durable....I have not even dropped it once and I take care of my stuff with extreme care,yet it just malfunctioned on a whim.(Purchased from Bamboogaming.com)

I'm just wondering if it's possible for some of you to recommend me a store(online or walk in) where I can just buy the card-reader and be on my way.I haven't got Pay-Pal nor credit-card(I really need to get one) I liked the system that Bamboogaming provided me with.(gave me a order-number and just walked in to Commonwealth bank and payed for the stuff and walked out)

Is there any online stores that provide a similar service? Does K-Mart or Target etc. sell Card-Readers? I'll go tomorrow early if any of the stores nearby has them,however I just want to check what kind of card-reader I should be looking for.I don't want to buy one and then find out it breaks in a week,if anyone has any suggestions on what brand/kind of card-reader I should get, please I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for any Grammar or Spelling errors.

2. Pie_Master178
    OP

Australia

Just a quick edit as I want to be sure: This is from my other post on the M3 forums in a topic someone made:

Yesterday night I copied all my files from the M3-Real card to the desktop and then did a re-format after the re-format I tried to put on the G6/M3 DS Real Loader v3.4 it started copying and then half way through a error came up.

I then decided to re-format again and this time it said the device was in use,I then ejected the USB card-reader and then injected it again and did a format and then tried putting on the 3.4 loader....same error.

I then re-formated it again...however this time after format the device vanished and it was not recognized by Windows, I have taken it out many times and put it back into the USB Ports(I say ports because I have tried it on every single USB port on my PC).

I then took out the Mico SD card(4gb-Kingston) and inserted the card-reader by itself however the same thing happened the device kept getting USB hub error with or without the card inside.

I'm wondering though....is it the card-reader or the Micro SD card? Any help would be great.

3. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Do you have a sd card adapter, might be easier to get a sd card reader but im pretty sure a stores like target and k-mart would carry them. But if they dont try a jb hi fi or a dicksmith store.

If you want you can create a paypal account and link your bank account to it and get one off dealextreme.com, But you might be like me where your parents wont let you.

4. Pie_Master178
    OP

Australia

Thank you, for actually taking your time and replying to my to my question,Paypal linking to my bank account sounds nice on paper.I however am very cautious with these things I will not have trouble with my parents as they don't really have a say when it comes to my Bank account(I worked for it [​IMG]).I will try out K-Mart and JB HI FI tomorrow though and if all else fails I might give Paypal a go.(Last resort thought)

5. andyt

Newcomer andyt Newbie

Australia
    Iv'e had some odd problems with card reader and kingston 2Gb micro flash. (XP windows)
    Try plugging the flash into the reader and the reader into the PC.
    When it is identified open control panel, system, device manager and pick the card from the list.
    Select the properties of the driver and uninstall.
    Shut down your PC - cold boot.
    Start up your PC with the card and reader installed.
    When you get prompted to install the new hardware, choosed automatic.
    Once windows has done it's thing and told you the new device is installed try formatting the flash card.

No promises - but worth a go !!

6. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You don't need to worry about linking your bank account to paypal, it's extremely safe. It's even safer than just using Bank Deposit, as you have buyer protection. Dealextreme would be your best bet, there is a huge range of card readers of every sort on there, for very reasonable prices. And shipping if free! You can't fail! [​IMG]

Oh also, when I had one of my card readers or whatever usb device malfunction or not be recognised, I found that plugging it into another port would sometimes fix the problem. But your best bet would to buy a new one. They're cheap!