Micro SD card always unreadeble after playing a game on gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drazenm, Apr 2, 2014.

1. drazenm
    OP

drazenm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    Hi guys need a little help, not sure if this is normal to happened or not, tried googling for an answer but didn't find one, so i decided to ask here. Ok so i get all the things done as it says in the manual for 3ds Gatwey etc. I play the game on the 3ds all is fine etc. When i would like to access my sd card on the pc afterwords to delete the game and add some other one or whatever, every time i insert the sd card into the pc i always get the message that i need to format the SD card so i can use it, i tried on few pc's, same thing. If i put it back into the gateway and the 3ds, all good, can play the game as i have before, so why the SD card isn't anymore readable by the pc once iit has been accessed and used by gateway, do i have to format it all the time once i used it with gateway card?

Thanks guys, i appreciate your help.

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Ive got the same problem when I inserted the my microsd card in some cheap usb reader. ><

3. drazenm
    OP

drazenm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    i tried few micro sd to usb, micro sd to sd card readers, same thing always.

4. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    No clue sorry :(
    If you find a solution please share it with me too

5. Skyrider

Skyrider GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    How exactly are you "playing" your 3DS games on the Gateway? Using the older Gateway version without Omega? Using the Win32DiskImager? If so, Windows cannot read the format / partition that Win32DiskImager software is writing to. If you haven't done so, upgrade to Omega and drag/drop the games on to a exfat formatted SD-Card.

IF you are using Omega and the drag/drop method. It's possible that the SD Card is being corrupted somehow. Are you using the "safe-removal" feature of windows before you unplug the card-reader / sd-card from your pc?

6. nicklesminer

nicklesminer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    Are you guys using Omega or the beta/1.2? Anything before Omega will have this issue due to how the rom is written to the sd card. If its Omega, did you try the tools to check your micro sd card?

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    if you use disk imager its perfectly normal to happen
    it happens because the sd card got an unknown file system to windows... if you use disk imager and flash a rom on it, the card will pretend its a game pack memory chip...

8. drazenm
    OP

drazenm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    thank you everyone, after updating to omega and formatting the sd card to exfat all seams good :yaynds: