Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i was planing on buying a 8gb micro SD card for my dstwo and i wanted to know what the best brand and does it use any type of card and does the card been 2nd clas or 4 class matters ?

PS
ERROR in tittle is SD not ds XD

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a SanDisk 8GB and it works fine.
Though I bought another recently and it had severe lag issues, but only on that card.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 16gb sandisk class 2, and I didn't have any problems with MvsDK or golden sun
my 4gb kingston class 4 works fine too, along with my 8gb transcend class 6

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:
I'm using a 16gb sandisk class 2, and I didn't have any problems with MvsDK or golden sun

Watch out, newer 16GB Sandisk Class 2 cards have about half the read speed of earlier ones (from about a year ago). I had two "identical" Sandisk cards, both store bought, and one would not load Portrait of Ruin at all while the other was fine.

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
RoMee said:

Watch out, newer 16GB Sandisk Class 2 cards have about half the read speed of earlier ones (from about a year ago). I had two "identical" Sandisk cards, both store bought, and one would not load Portrait of Ruin at all while the other was fine.

Second this. I was the unfortunate victim of one of these slow Sandisk SD cards, although mine was a 32Gb class 2. This lousy thing couldn't even load games in clean mode on the DSTwo, let alone play half of the games that have menus like Pokemon and the like. Thankfully, I was refunded with a 16Gb Sandisk class 6 which is working perfectly now (Mind you, this Sandisk says 2008 on the box), but I seriously suggest you avoid Sandisk for the time being.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte