Michel Ancel finds "lost" Rayman SNES game

image.jpeg

Michel Ancel, creator of the platforming game series Rayman, has found a lost relic of the 1990s: A prototype of Rayman for the Super Nintendo. Deemed lost by the development team for 24 years, Ancel rediscovered it and posted a picture of it running on a European Super Nintendo on his Instagram feed.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
It's working !!!! 4 people in the world have seen this . We thought it was lost , but somewhere in the cold electronic circuit , something was still alive . and running at full 60fps !!! should do a Switch version of this

We have found the old unique Rayman SNES ROM !!!! It was sleeping for 24 years ..... Time to wake it up !!!!
According to Unseen64, a site dedicated to betas and unreleased games, Rayman was initially developed for the Super Nintendo, but when the CD-based technology of the Sony PlayStation launched, development moved to it. Rayman SNES was also set to have a 2 player co-op feature and the story was to star an 11 year old boy named Jimmy.
:arrow: Source

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope we get a sort of finished version of this on perhaps Rayman's anniversary.

We need Jimmy.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
volition released that saints row for the psp, so why not in this case?
Most devs just don't dump things like this. At most we'll see a gameplay video until someone unaffiliated with the rayman series either buys it and preserves it physically or dumps it and then does the former.

but then again that'd take years.

Reactions: SLiV3R

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I've just noticed is that SNES is a PAL model but it's got that adaptor on it and it's playing a NTSC game I'm guessing since it's running at 60hz
and the problem with that is PAL SNES consoles cannot play games from other regions non stop to what I remember about the SNES

It must be something with that adapter It must disable something within the console itself.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
What I've just noticed is that SNES is a PAL model but it's got that adaptor on it and it's playing a NTSC game I'm guessing since it's running at 60hz
and the problem with that is PAL SNES consoles cannot play games from other regions non stop to what I remember about the SNES

It must be something with that adapter It must disable something within the console itself.
The developer most likely just doesn't know that EUR SNES is locked to 50FPS, opposed to the US and JPN systems. That adapter just disables the region check, it can't make a EUR SNES run 60Hz, that's only possible by modifying the console itself.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Import adapters have existed since the 90's

Reactions: Deleted User

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know is a unfinished prototype but still no cart case? I wondered what that 1994 artwork would have looked like. Also i never seen that console before, my snes looks way different. :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over