Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
miamilaw022609.jpg

"In the midst of all the new release dates, a totally new Hudson DS game almost eluded our attention. We had no idea what Miami Law was when it showed up on Nintendo's press release. Hudson just sent the first screens and info about the DS action-adventure game, which distinguishes itself from Atlus's Tokyo Beat Down through multiple styles of play.

Miami Law, according to the press release, is 'packed with all of the ingredients of a prime-time TV show,' following FBI agent Sara Starling and Miami cop Law Martin (LAW MARTIN: MIAMI LAW has a pretty nice ring to it) on two separate adventures. Sara's game is a mostly investigation-based adventure game, as she searches crime scenes and solves puzzles; Law's half of the game is all car chasing and shooting segments. Miami Law also includes unlockable Texas hold 'em and sudoku games for 'when the tension gets thick.'

We don't believe we've seen this game before -- while it looks like a rebranded Japanese game, we don't recognize it from anything we've come across, from Hudson or anyone else. Miami Law hits the streets in June."

Source

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, caught sight of this, too, yesterday, and it looks pretty cool. At first I thought it was going to be another point-and-click adventure, but then read the description. I doubt it will end up being anything that sells too well or makes much splash among reviews, but I'm always up for a bit more B-movie-type action.

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
great news
wink.gif
found more info Source

"As hot-headed detective Law Martin and analytical partner Sara Starling, you'll keep the peace in Miami with gunplay and some detective work, both represented with really disparate mini-games

The shooting is clearly the focus and it works pretty well. As enemies pop up on the screen you tap them to shoot, pressing down on the d-pad reloads and the "L" button takes cover. If there's a problem, it's that our meaty hands often blocked our view of the enemies.

When the action switches to Starling, things are a bit more cerebral. In one game, we had to match two different molecular structures by shape and color. In another, we had to manipulate a crate to find a clue hidden somewhere within. It's hard to create puzzle gameplay that doesn't feel like something we've played something 100 times before, but Miami Law manages it.

The game's real strength seems to be in its variety. Don't like the gunplay? Go do a puzzle. Not digging the puzzle? Go play sudoku. Or poker. It's all in there"

miamilaw030409.jpg

it seems like theres going to be a lot of variety with this title, could be one to keep a closer eye on in the coming months

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: