Started installing my wiikey at 6pm today (it's 4am now) and it's just started working.... First install took 20 minutes and the only thing that went wrong was that I didn't notice the exhaust on my new soldering iron and got some nice smoke from the plastic section next to serial port pads. I had the wii open 3 or 4 times and resoldered the wii key twice, in between went out to town and indulged in a few cans of san miguel, checked everything over and over... no go. So I started putting random dvds (not wii or gc) in the Wii over and over then stuck in the setup disc for one last try. Boom, works. So, if your wiikey doesn't work it might not be the install. And my first install was so lovely, now it looks like shit. Oh well. Biggest tip .. use the securing pads like a normal quick install then use fine wire to attach the other points or use thicker wire and make some bars on the serial port points and then solder to the pads on the wiikey. The quicksolder is total crap as the wiikey points are no where near the wii's.