Gaming MHFU Character Transfer?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm running CFW 3.30 OE-A (yes I know I haven't updated, I don't know how as I bought this PSP used and it already had CFW on it). I have MHF2 character data on my memory stick (MHF2 is an actual UMD), but I recently acquired MHFU and placed it on my 1gb memory stick. Now when I try to transfer the character, the screen shows the words Character Transfer, and then it's blank, as if I have no characters at all (Character data should show up on the left hand side with the names, ect, but mine just shows the background). This is on the same memory stick as the MHF2 data. Is the reason that the data won't transfer because I need a separate card or is there something else? I can create a character from scratch, but I would prefer to import. I have tried 2 different ISO's, but I get the same results. I also do not have access to Wifi in my PSP as the WLAN somehow broke in it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time and patience. -Aeladya

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup it's the same folder name. The only thing I can think of is that the PSP memory stick only has 27mb left on it and it's just simply not big enough, but I'm unsure on if that could be the case.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:
It's really easy to do it, Aeladya. Just look up Hellcat's Recovery Flasher and get yourself 5.50 GEN-D3.

Should I use the firmware pack addon to install it?
Use everything here.

Haha that's what I was looking at. So a direct install should be fine from 3.30 OE-A and do I need a pandora's battery? I bought it used and I'm pretty sure this isn't a Pandora's battery
tongue.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:
It's really easy to do it, Aeladya. Just look up Hellcat's Recovery Flasher and get yourself 5.50 GEN-D3.

Use everything here.

Haha that's what I was looking at. So a direct install should be fine from 3.30 OE-A?
I don't see why not, seeing as how it completely wipes your flashes and reinstalls from scratch, as opposed to a simple upgrade.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:

Use everything here.

Haha that's what I was looking at. So a direct install should be fine from 3.30 OE-A?
I don't see why not, seeing as how it completely wipes your flashes and reinstalls from scratch, as opposed to a simple upgrade.

So I'm guessing I do need a pandora's battery if it's completely wiping and reinstalling from scratch correct?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aeladya said:
So I'm guessing I do need a pandora's battery if it's completely wiping and reinstalling from scratch correct?
Incorrect. If it fails (which I HIGHLY doubt it will), you will need a Pandora to recover. But if you use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher properly you won't need a Pandora at all.

EDIT: I doubt it WILL fail XD You know what I meant. HCRF is very reliable, and in the times I've used it it hasn't failed on me.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:
Incorrect. If it fails (which I HIGHLY doubt it won't), you will need a Pandora to recover. But if you use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher properly you won't need a Pandora at all.

Cool, I just wanted to make sure before I tried to do something stupid. Now do I reset (format) settings as well or not?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:
Incorrect. If it fails (which I HIGHLY doubt it won't), you will need a Pandora to recover. But if you use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher properly you won't need a Pandora at all.

Cool, I just wanted to make sure before I tried to do something stupid. Now do I reset (format) settings as well or not?
I would, just to make sure it wipes it all and doesn't mess up by some freak bug by keeping your settings, but that just means it doesn't format flash1. Format them if you want to.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:

I would, just to make sure it wipes it all and doesn't mess up by some freak bug by keeping your settings, but that just means it doesn't format flash1. Format them if you want to.

Coolies! Thanks for your help! I'll let you all know if it (the MHFU transfer) works
biggrin.gif
. I have a feeling that since my firmware was so old that it wouldn't actually transfer over since I bought a new memory stick and that didn't work (not like I didn't need one anyway
biggrin.gif
).

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:
Skyline969 said:
Aeladya said:

Coolies! Thanks for your help! I'll let you all know if it (the MHFU transfer) works
biggrin.gif
. I have a feeling that since my firmware was so old that it wouldn't actually transfer over since I bought a new memory stick and that didn't work (not like I didn't need one anyway
biggrin.gif
).
Good luck!
biggrin.gif

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update is what the game needed in order to import my data. At first the data for MHF2 was corrupt, but I used the fix provided and it uncorrupted my data so I was able to play again. Thanks for your help again guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte