MH3 runs fine for 2 hours then freezes randomly, Spindown?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ZacRussie, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ZacRussie
    OP

Newcomer ZacRussie Newbie

United States
    Monster Hunter Tri will randomly freeze on a black screen when I try to go into my house.

So I used the cIOSrev21 with base 56 to IOS250, because I read that it makes it work. And it does. Perfectly fine for 2 whole hours while I'm questing or hunting.

But then I go back to town, buy some things, sell some things, and try to go in my house. Then the game freezes....

I believe it might be a spindown error, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't believe I'm idle from loading very long. I'm using CFGUSBloader and an External HardDrive I bought off amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/120GB-Green-External...e/dp/B004CM4WTM

Any help would be most appreciated!!

EDIT: Fixed!

2. ZacRussie
    OP

United States
    I think I fixed it actually. Instead of using IOS250, I'm using Hermes 223-mload. It starts up, I played for about an hour with no freezing, and on 2 separate occasions I left it running in the hut for 30 minutes and it didn't freeze when I went to the next area. I believe this should help anyone with spindown problems!

3. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Tell you the truth I've never had any problems with this game using davebaol's d2x cIOS with base 56. But I've also ran it with v4 of Herme's cIOS with no issues either.

4. ZacRussie
    OP

United States
    Yeah, it wasn't so much the IOS or my Wii's fault, but my external hard drive spinning down. Herme's and I'm assuming davebaol's cIOS have anti-spindown where the send information to your external hard drive to keep it running.