Hacking MH/Smash games not launching on my CFW

BloodyJecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Okay. I'm relatively new to the 3DS hacking/homebrew scene so please pardon my ignorance :)
I have an O3DS running on menuhax + rxtools 2.6 (sysnand 4.5 and emunand 11.0)

So I copied a bunch CIAs from my friend's laptop (she has a N3DSXL) and successfully installed all of them on my 32GB SD card. However, MH4U, Super Smash Bros., and MHX (prepatched, v9) won't seem to launch. I just get stuck on a black screen after the 3DS splash. All of the other games work perfectly, including MH3U.

I did a little research so I can try solving it on my own, however, I just got more confused. I've read somewhere that "cryptofixing" or "firmware spoofing" the said CIAs will solve my problem. If so, how do I go about doing that? (And doesn't my CFW do it automatically?) Do I need to switch CFWs? (To Luma3DS or anything else)

Would appreciate any help. I'd really love to play MH4U and MHX before MH Generation launches.
Thanks!

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MH/Smash run in xtended memory mode which I'm unsure if rxtools 2.6 supports. Try updating it, updating sysnand to 9.2, following the Plailect guide, or moving to Luma3DS.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update rxTools or upgrade to a more updated CFW like Luma or Cakes. I can't remember if rxTools 2.6 has the necessary reboot patches for O3DS.

Wait...how are you using Menuhax with rxTools 2.6?? xD

Last edited by samiam144,

BloodyJecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for the quick responses, guys! :)

So I'm considering switching over to Luma3DS. I believe I just delete the rxtools files on my SD card, then replace them with the Luma ones, correct?

I just have a couple of questions though.
1. Would I be able to boot the same way I do rxtools? (Settings>DS profile)
2. Would I be able to keep the save files from my games?
3. Would I be able to do it with just a tablet? (My laptop died 2 days ago. RIP)

Thanks again!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick responses, guys! :)

So I'm considering switching over to Luma3DS. I believe I just delete the rxtools files on my SD card, then replace them with the Luma ones, correct?

I just have a couple of questions though.
1. Would I be able to boot the same way I do rxtools? (Settings>DS profile)
2. Would I be able to keep the save files from my games?
3. Would I be able to do it with just a tablet? (My laptop died 2 days ago. RIP)

Thanks again!
1. No. Menuhax is the way.
2. Yes.
3. I dunno.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CtrBootManager? BootCtr? I dunno.
I'm asking because rxTools 2.6 doesn't have a .3dsx for Menuhax to boot (it was a big issue a long while ago). But it seems he isn't actually using Menuhax, but the DS profile exploit (MSET), looking at his last post^

@BloodyJecht
1) Luma only works on 7.x and above firmware, you'd need to update first. cakes can use the ds profile exploit on 4.x though.
2) yes.
3) not sure?

BloodyJecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ooooohhh. I really dont like the idea of updating sysnand (might mess up, I dont have a laptop atm) so I guess my safest bet is on CakesFW, then? Time to dig the posts for the tutorials lol

Again, I appreciate all the help. Thank you!

BloodyJecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Followup question:
When updating rxtools to 3.0, can I simply use the sysupdater cia to install the update? Or do I have to install everything from scratch?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followup question:
When updating rxtools to 3.0, can I simply use the sysupdater cia to install the update? Or do I have to install everything from scratch?
Just use sysUpdater. Make sure the update cias are in the updates folder in the root, and don't press the downgrade button.

BloodyJecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Okay. So while trying to upgrade, I somehow managed to mess up my flashcart's SD card. Cant even launch the mset intaller. Help?

Attachments

• 20160525_143020.jpg
    20160525_143020.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 20160525_143020.jpg
    20160525_143020.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 228

BloodyJecht

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Finally got CakesFW working! Enabled all necessary options as well. And guess what?
The games still won't play! After a whole day of trials and errors... still the same f*cked up black screen. I just wanna play MHX. Pleeeeaaaase :cry:

Reactions: Quantumcat

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guess what I have the same problem. I installed for someone menuhax+luma3ds (updated from menuhax+aureinand) and ssmb and mh4u stopped working! Its exactly as OP is describing. Black screen when running the games. When I switch back to the last aureinand build they are working again :/

I have to admit I installed the games when rxtools was installed. Could this be a problem that games stop working when installed with rxtools AND its using extended memory region?

Has somebody a clue? I want to solve it before aureinand stops working with a new firmware update. Emunand is on fw11.0. firmware.bin is on 10.4.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0