MGS: Twin Snakes (Gamecube) disc swap issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Condition:Kill, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Condition:Kill
    OP

Newcomer Condition:Kill Newbie

Norway
    Hello gentlemen, I know something similar has been posted before, but as I understand there was no real solution, so I'm posting again..
    Anyways I've got a wiiikey2 (v1.2) and I'm playing Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (gamecube).
    I'm about halfway through the game, at the disc swap part (the game is divided onto 2 discs):
    [​IMG]
    And I keep getting this error:
    [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with disc2, so I'm kinda clueless of why this error might occur.. : |​

2. darky2003

Member darky2003 GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    if you boot from disc 2 isn't it possible to load the save point it made from end disk 1?

3. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Not sure if that game does that. I know some 2 disc games do and some dont.

4. Shinobi_3

Newcomer Shinobi_3 Member

United States
    i have the real mgs twin snakes game. tell me how to swap discs in gc backup launcher, and i will switch the game with my real games second disc.

5. Sesq

Newcomer Sesq Newbie

Sweden
    I have a similar problem.

I've created a multi disc using MultiGameISOCreator. After the game asks me to put in cd 2 the game just stops. Nothing happens.

I've tried removing the multidisc and reinserting it which resulted in the game starting up with the konami logo and then asking me to load game, which I did. Then when the save is load the game starts again with the insert cd 2 screen.

I thought my wii might only be able to read cd 1 so I've tried burning cd 2 into a new disc and then inserted. This time nothing happened. The game didn't read the 2nd disc.

I've searched around on the internet but I couldn't find a way that would work and I really wish to finish the game and also play ToS, which also has 2 cd.
    Anyone have an idea how to make the disc swap work?

Thanks

6. Nera

Newcomer Nera Advanced Member

Belgium
    Hello, I don't know what wiikey is but if you have the hombrew channel you can download the GC Backup launcher(look on google for newest version, i think 0.2) You should select the second disc with the Z button and Boot with B button, when it says switch disc you just eject your disc and replace it.
    (for more info just read the readme)
    It works with MGS i completed it with the GC launcher and i had no issues at all(only some framerate drops but that's also on the normal game...)

7. john.jingle

Member john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can't get this game to go past the KONAMI logo. I made a multigame iso with MGS disc 1 and 2 so I don't know if that contributed to the problem...

8. ctkxtreme

Member ctkxtreme GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I did the same thing too, after the Konami Logo, it just went black screen.